17

Point of View will change once during this chapter

Once I arrived at my restaurant alone, it was getting pretty dark outside, the nights were getting longer and colder. I entered my restaurant which was dark until I turned on the lights. I got numerous calls and texts from Cato which I ignored. I swear he's going to feel my wrath. I can't believe he stole from me, from my daughter. I told him what that money was for, I explained to him the importance of that account and he betrayed me. I can't forgive him for this.

I was getting a headache because there had to be at least a thousand printed photos in here, along with a few loose papers. So I called CantGetRight despite our name calling earlier. I told him to come to the restaurant to help. Besides, I'd feel a lot more safer with someone here with me while it's getting close to dark. And Justyce's school was only about ten minutes away. Thankfully, she was in after school. He shortly appeared at the door which I left unlocked for him to walk in and sat down next to me where the pictures were sprawled out on the table.

"I was in the middle of getting some sucky so consider yourself lucky I came."

"Your money's being fucked with not mine. It's up to you on whether you want to figure Cato out." He chuckled before I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked with a raised brow.

"So you said something back at the forest. Which one of us wanted to suck your little pum pum?" He tried to withhold his laugh but couldn't. "Nah forreal who trying to eat that bobcat besides Cato ugly ass."

"Oh my God I'm not having this conversation with you."

"I have a feeling it's Malcolm. You know he had a crush on you?" he poked me in the rib with his sharp elbow.

"What no." I squinted my eyes looking at him like he's wrong. But I knew Malcolm had a crush on me once upon a time, but my heart was with Cato. Is with Cato unfortunately. But he's with Bayou so obviously those feelings have disappeared. "It wasn't Malcolm."

"You just got the gang hooked on your little pinky. I shouldn't be telling you this because he might try to fight me, but did you know Malcolm was gonna make a move on you first? Before Cato."

You know there's a lot of things Cato's friends shouldn't be telling me. They sure do run their mouths for a bunch of tough guys. I chuckled because why is he telling me this? I just shook my head no.

"Malcolm said he saw you coming up Cato's porch with your kid on Halloween. He went to answer the door and holler at you, but Cato beat him to the punch."

"On purpose?" I asked.

"Malcolm says it was on purpose, but I don't know if he was just feeling salty. That's my dog and you're annoying, but honestly I can only picture you with Cato."

Me and Malcolm? I just cannot picture it. I mean Malcolm's nice and he's not ugly at all, but I just don't think he's my type at all.

"Are you telling me this because you think I'm going to go and fuck Malcolm as some kind of revenge to piss of Cato?"

"Eh, in the back of my head I was kind of hoping you would. But in all seriousness, no."

"Of course you would. Well I'm not Bayou so you can forget about it." I immediately regretted the words that slipped from my mouth. He stopped flipping through the photos and connected eyes with me. "I didn't mean anything by that. There's no truth to what I said, it was just a reflexive response to the argument."

"Don't lie. I ain't even mad at you, I deserved it. And I can understand you're protecting your best friend. I did the same for Cato."

"Like I said there's no truth in it. Please just forget about it." I became very nervous all of a sudden.