Chapter 11: Spellbound

The Elemental Masters and Garmadon rode on a blimp above the island.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay questioned noticing Griffin staring at him

"The next one out of the Tournament" Griffin replies smirking

"I wouldn't doubt that" Aria comments

"You shut your mouth" Jay says annoyed

Aria sticks her tongue out at him "so remind me again how you hurt your leg?"

"I-I tripped" Jay lies

"Mhm" Aria crosses her legs

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?" Kai questions

"I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back" Shade replies

"Tensions are high" Garmadon says to Lloyd

"Yeah, not as high as we are now. Can hardly see the island from up here" Lloyd looks out the window before looking at Aria "what are we doing?"

"Just a little game of cat and mouse" Aria replies with a smug look

Neuro stood up "I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" He opens the door to the control room, but no one's piloting it "Ugh!"

The other elemental masters gathered around while Aria stayed in her seat.

Chen appears on screen "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now? Ahem, ahem. Hello, final eight. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different"

He shows them a video of Nya.

"We have an uninvited guest on the island. Find her and you will automatically move onto the final round!" Chen announces

"He wants us all to hunt her down?" Jay questions "She won't stand a chance"

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop" Chen says and everyone gasps "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes... Sensei Garmadon is there? Shoot, that makes nine. Oh, well, I was never good at math. Heh. Toodle-oo."

"That guy's love for trapdoors is seriously getting on my nerves!" Lloyd shouts

The bottom opens and everyone falls.

"Lloyd, use your Energy Dragon!" Jay shouts

Lloyd tries to, but fails "I can't! I can't get it to work!"

Jay catches a parachute "I got one! I got one! Hahaha!"

"Your powers don't work because you aren't controlling your fear. Focus." Garmadon instructs "Control your fear. Don't let it control you. Center yourself."

Kai grabs a parachute "There's only one parachute left that I can see"

Lloyd and Garmadon both grab the last one

"They're only built for one. This is an easy decision" Garmadon says

"You're right" Lloyd opens the parachute for Garmadon and lets go.

"Lloyd!" Garmadon shouts

"Yo greenie"

Lloys looks beside him to see Aria just falling in a sitting position.

"Ok it's official, you are crazy!" Lloyd shouts

"I'll take that as a compliment" Aria shrugs "oh well, time to save your life"

"What?" Lloyd looks confused

Aria puts her parachute on him and activates it.

"I'm going to end up single if he keeps saving people" Aria mutters to herself

Her eyes glowed purple and she used her powers to drop herself into the lake. She swam to the top and spit out water.

"Ugh, it makes me sick" Aria climbed out of the water "I love my boyfriend but saving his life is getting exhausting, can't I just lock him up and be over with this already"

Chen comes on speakers "Hail, combatants, I have left a few treats to help you in the hunt. I hope you use them wisely"

"Finally, it's game time" Aria stretches "time to catch some mice"

-

Chen presses a few buttons in the D.B. Express.

"Master, if our men couldn't find her, why do you think they will fare much better?" Clouse questions "If the girl gets that spell to the Ninja, all of our plans will be jeopardized."

"Oh, Clousey Clouse. There's a reason why I'm the Master and you're my pupil. Why should I worry about the remaining fighters rising up against me, when after today there'll be no fighters remaining? The little treats I gave them are tracking their every move. This little game isn't about them hunting the girl, it's about hunting them" Chen laughs.

"You know you shouldn't say your plan so loud" Aria throws Neuro into the holder.

"Ooo nice catch" Chen claps excitedly

"Only 6 minutes in and you've already caught one" Clouse smirks "excellent"

"I'll be back with more in a bit" Aria hops out

-

Fianlly, Kai is thrown in with the other Masters except Lloyd.

"Don't worry. Lloyd will come for us" Jay assures them

Aria starts laughing "Oh trust me, we're planning on it"