Chapter 52: The Overlord's Alive?!

Aria sat in the study at the castle when Hanabusa entered.

"Empress, I know you're very busy with all the new documents to memorize.. but someone has requested an audience with you" Hanabusa says

"Tell them to go away" Aria doesn't look up from her papers "I will not accept audiences from people until I have a basic understanding of how Ninjago was run up till now"

"Your majesty" Hanabusa walks forward "It's the Green Ninja, Lloyd Garmadon"

Aria stands up "I suppose one audience wouldn't hurt, let's go"

"yes ma'am" Hanabusa smiles

Hanabusa leads Aria though the castle and to the main hall where Lloyd stood in his ninja gi without his hood on.

"Aria" Lloyd turns to her "oh wait I mean Empress Aria.. uh Lord Aria.. uh.."

Aria giggles "it's just us here, you may call me Aria"

"Right, Aria" Lloyd glances at Hanabusa

"Hm" Aria glances at Hanabusa then looks back at Lloyd "don't worry, he's not big on that royalty stuff, the one who would scold us is Kaname"

"Kaname's the one that's head of your Vampire Knights.. the scary one" Lloyd says "right?"

"Yeah, I guess Kaname can be a bit scary" Aria smiles "but he's good at his job, like you are"

"I'm scary?" Lloyd questions

"pft" Aria grabs his hood and puts it up "not to me"

"Didn't think so" Lloyd sweat drops

"So what brings you here dear?" Aria asks

"The ninja and I have been worried about what you're doing" Lloyd replies "I got that you're running Ninjago now but their hasn't been like big dark clouds signifying darkness or big changes to laws"

"Lloyd, I'm the Dark Lord" Aria says "not an evil Overlord trying to destroy everything, that was my-"

The doors open "there you are Aria"

"Ah dad" Aria says and Hanabusa stands in front of Lloyd "what are you doing here?"

"I've been looking for you everywhere and you weren't in your study" Overlord replies

"the Empress is just taking a break from work" Hanabusa explains "she's been working hard"

"It's just" Overlord sighs "Aria you finally gained control of the city and you haven't even started on finding the core"

"Dad.. I'm just worried that.. finding the core might trigger a final battle between me and Lloyd" Aria tells him

"I know you're afraid to fight your ex boyfriend" Overlord put his hands on Aria's shoulders "but their's a difference between defeating him and killing him you know"

"Dad their's no writing about what will happen between us in the future" Aria looks down "I'm just not sure about what I want to do"

"I thought you wanted to bring back your mother?" Overlord questions

"I do, and I want to bring back everyone that died without purpose" Aria tells him "Morro, me and him were like brother and sister in my past life, but because he was dead I had to bring him back to the Cursed Realm, but he's gone forever now"

"He's not, the water destroyed his ghost body but now his soul" Overlord rubs her head "Forget it for now, I know when the time comes you'll know what to do, just do your best and rule over Ninjago how you want"

"thanks dad" Aria smiles a bit

"Alright, I'm heading out to see the city, don't worry I won't cause any problems" Overlord reassures her

"Kay" Aria waves to him

Overlord left the room and Lloyd moves out from behind Hanabusa.

"...is that the Overlord?" Lloyd asks

"uh.." Aria looks at him "maybe"

"He's still alive?!" Lloyd shouts freaked out

"He's human now, you killed his Overlord form" Aria tells him "us Oni have a second chance to live thanks to our time sanctuary, dad took his human form and was able to continue living"

"Why didn't your mom do that then?" Lloyd asks

Aria looks down sadly "cause she already reincarnated into her human form so she wasn't able to again after she died last time"

"..you're dad mentioned something about the core of Ninjago, what's that?" Lloyd asks

"Their are some things I can't tell you Lloydie" Aria sighs "you should get going, I'm sorry but I have work to do"

"...I understand" Lloyd looks down

Aria walks over and kisses his cheek.

"We might've broken up because we're on different side" Aria says "but that doesn't stop me from loving you"

"Me neither" Lloyd smiles and hugs her "I love you"

Aria closes her eyes and hugs him back "I love you too"