Chapter 21: Growing Suspicion

"Lloydieeeee you're lateeeeeee" Aria whines

Lloyd stood in front of Aria's door to her apartment.

"I'm sorry" Lloyd hugs her "being the green ninja is getting a bit out of hand, I didn't know we'd actually become famous, Dareth is booking so much stuff for us to do"

"And before that, you were possessed by a ghost" Aria crosses her arms

"I didn't tell you about that" Lloyd says "how did you find out?"

"uh.. well it's not like it's a secret Lloyd" Aria sweat drops "everyone knows about it"

"oh right" Lloyd chuckles "I guess you're right, sorry I've been so busy my mind isn't completely here"

"It's alright" Aria smiles "you're here and that's all that matters"

"Right" Lloyd smiles

The two sit on the couch and watch movies together all day. In the middle of changing movies Lloyd went into the kitchen to make food for them. He turns and catches the glimpse of something down the hall.

Lloyd looks at Aria, who was busy changing the movie, before going down the hall and opening her bedroom door the rest of the way. Right on the desk near the door sat a hilt holding a sword.

"Is it ..a katana" Lloyd mumbles

Lloyd reaches towards the sword before he heard Aria from the living room.

"Lloyd I got the movie in"

Lloyd quickly exits her room and enters the living room.

"Really, great" Lloyd smiles

Lloyd sits back on the couch with his arm around her, halfway through the movie Lloyd notices a cut on Aria's arm.

"hey how'd you get cut?" Lloyd asks worriedly

"Oh, at work I banged into the wall" Aria tells him "I guess I didn't notice I got hurt"

"You should be more careful honey" Lloyd kisses her forehead

"Yeah sorry" Aria laughs

-

Lloyd sits in his room at the monastery looking at the pictures media had taken of Overlord Aria.

"Cole!" Lloyd shouts

"Yeah!" Cole responds from the living room

Lloyd walks out of his room and into the living room.

"Your cousin.. the new Overlord.. what's she like?" Lloyd asks

Cole takes off his headphones "what's she like?"

"yeah" Lloyd sits on the couch beside him

"Well.." Cole thought "She's complicated"

"Complicated how?" Lloyd asks "my dad told me Aria used to be a ninja in training, is that true?"

"well yeah" Cole rubs the back of his neck "my cousin was taken in by Wu after her mom died and uh.. you know obviously the Overlord wasn't around.. but soon after Aria's grandfather took her away. Aria then lived in Ninjago up until recently"

"She lived in Ninjago? As a citizen?" Lloyd asks

"uh.. y-yeah" Cole answers "is everything alright? Why so interested in her all of a sudden?"

"Well I just thought I'd know a bit more about our enemy" Lloyd stands up "thanks Cole"

Cole watches him leave "yeah.."