Chapter 16: Sold His Soul

"W-what a surprise" Ronin slowly crawls back "Lord Aria h-how have you been"

"Well, thank you" Aria replies "I see your shop is doing well"

"this old thing.. hehe" Ronin stands up looking nervous "I've hardly had any costumers"

"Oh really now?" Aria raises her eyebrow

"What brings you here today your highness?" Ronin asks

"Oh I was just around.. looking for anything useful" Aria replies "you wouldn't happen to know where the scroll of airjitzu is now would you?"

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about" Ronin tells her

"Oh really?" Aria takes a step forward and he takes a step back "why so afraid?"

"Look I get it alright, I sold you my soul" Ronin puts his hands up "b-but I don't have-"

"what's in the vase?" Aria glares at him

"...alright it's in there" Ronin bows "but please don't take it, I need it"

"Who are you to defy me?" Aria kicks him down "a servant dares to try to betray his master"

"It's not like that honest!" Ronin begs

"hmph, you're lucky I'm in a good mood" Aria walks towards the vase and takes out the scroll of airjitzu "don't make the same mistake as your wife, my father wasn't merciful to her, don't think I'd be any different"

Aria walks to the door.

"But you are different" Morro says standing up "if you were like him, i'd already be dead"

Aria glances at him before walking out the door.

"...yeah you're scary kid" Ronin says "but you're nothing like your old man"

Ronin sat crying over his dead wife's body. The little girl walks over to him from her father.

"Why are you crying?" the little girl asks confused

"My wife was just killed?!" Ronin shouts "do you think i'd be laughing?!"

"But daddy said she did something wrong" the little girl tilts her head in confusion "so she got punished"

"She didn't deserve this!" Ronin shouts "she didn't deserve to die.." he began to cry more "someone save her please"

"I can" the little girl says holding her teddy bear closer to her

"...what?" Ronin looks up at her

"I'm Aria Lord" the little girl says before pointing to her father the Overlord "his daughter" she looks back at Ronin "I can make her live.. if you want"

"Y-Yes!" Ronin answers immediately "I'll do anything"

"anything.. even if it costs you you're soul?" Aria asks as her eyes glow purple

"a-anything" Ronin repeats

Aria walks over and places her hand over the women "but I will warn you.. she will forget you"

"p-please" Ronin looks down at his wife "just save her"

"Understood" Aria replies 

A bright light fills the room.

-

Ronin sat in the park with the little girl Aria, one year has passed. Ronin was giving her some money he collected.

"you're such a useful servant" Aria giggles as she looks down at her bear "isn't that right Freddy?"

"You're one creepy little girl I serve" Ronin sighs

"So when's the wedding set?"

"Next year, oh I'm so nervous"

"It'll be fine, you're going to be so pretty"

"It's only been a year but I'm already so in love with him"

Ronin stares at the two women talking, but he stared at the one on the right in particular with a sad look on his face.

"regret it?" Aria asks

Ronin turns to her "no, not for a second"

"I'll never understand you humans and your affection for one another" Aria hums as she plays with her bear

"you don't understand" Ronin says "you love your mother and father don't you?"

"mhm" Aria nods

"and your friend?" Ronin questions

"yep yep" Aria answers happily

"your affection towards them is no different from a human's affection towards one another" Ronin tells her "we're not much different from you, a dragon, when it comes to emotions"

"but having such attachments make you venerable and weak, why try to protect someone else when you can't even protect yourself?" Aria asks "honestly, you sacrificed your entire life for one person who doesn't even remember you anymore, and now she's getting married to someone else"

"well that's simple" Ronin smiles sadly "because we love them"