Chapter 79: Home Visit; The Gem of Water

I know it's another small chapter, just bare with me cause I'm having trouble finding time to write, I just wanted to get another chapter out for you all at least.

---

Back in Ninjago, Aria follows her Vampire Knights up the stairs to the old Monastery. They pushed open the giant doors revealing Wu and Misako sitting on the porch.

"Aria" Wu and Misako stand up

"I'm surprised to see you looking so calm old man" Aria says walking over "where are the ninja? I'm surprised to see them so quiet"

"They are resting" Wu tells her "Lloyd has been feeling weak these days"

"Oh really?" Aria smiles "then you wouldn't mind if I paid him a visit then"

"I uh" Wu looks at Misako

"Well seeing as they don't wish to see me" Aria turns around "I shall take my leave, enjoy your retirement"

Aria and her knights leave, Wu let's out a breathe.

"Do you think she knows?" Misako asks

"Of course she knows" Wu says "she wouldn't have come here if she didn't"

"Let's hope the ninja have gotten the first gem" Misako looks out towards the Shadowlands

---

In the Shadowlands the ninja are attempting to fight Soldeen as Ari shouts at them from the land to stop.

"Idiots stop!"

"Ah!" The ninja get knocked back into the water by Soldeen.

Soldeen lunges at Lloyd, Ari runs through the water and creates an earth wall in front of them.

"Uh.. isn't that Cole's element" Kai comments

"Soldeen" Ari speaks as she puts down the wall "Their's no reason to fight, we're enemies of the Sorcerer Gorgias too. You once were the tribe leader of the town of Dor. For years you've been guarding the gem, but you no longer need to"

"I do as my ruler tells me" Soldeen replies

"The Overlord no longer rules this land and his daughter Aria does not know of your suffering, if she did she'd surely set you free" Ari tells him "if you give us the gem we will be able to free you and all others suffering"

"Hm" Soldeen closes his eyes and opens them after a bit "Alright, the boy may climb aboard and I will take him to what he seeks"

"This seems a bit too easy" Lloyd mutters

Ari helps Lloyd onto Soldeen's back and he takes him to the center of the lake where the rock in the strange shape of a person sat. In the 'hands' of the rock sat the gem of water. Lloyd reached out and picked it up, he stared at it. It wasn't big like he thought, it was small enough to sit in his palm.

"Is that what you came here for?" Soldeen asks

"Yeah" Lloyd replies then climbs back onto his back

Soldeen begins to bring Lloyd back across the lake.

"Yes, 1 gem down!" Jay cheers

"Hm" Ari looks around "I'm sensing something.."

"Danger?" Zane asks

"I think so" Ari turns to the lake "Lloyd! Soldeen! Look out!"

A bolt of power struck Soldeen, he and Lloyd went flying into the lake, the gem of water falling out of Lloyd's hand.

"Lloyd!" The ninja shout

They hear laughing and in the middle of the lake appeared a man in a cloke.

"Oh what now?!" Jay complains

Ari stares at the man "that's the Sorcerer Gorgias"