Chapter 25: Anger and Regret

Lloyd walks up to the monastery alone. Aria sat in the yard reading a scroll, when she sees Lloyd she jumps a bit and puts the scroll down.

"Lloyd, is everything alright?" Aria asks as she stands up

"...y-yeah" Lloyd nods panting a bit

"You don't look ok" Aria puts her hand on his cheek "what's wrong"

"I.." Lloyd hugs her

Aria could feel him shaking "Lloyd, what happened?"

"Why didn't you tell me you were the Overlord's daughter?" Lloyd asks quietly

"Lloyd" Aria tries to pull out of the hug and look at him but he wouldn't let go "..I'm sorry"

"All this time, you were getting close to me to find out my weaknesses" Lloyd says

"Lloyd let go" Aria tells him "I need to explain"

"What's their to explain, I already know what you're doing" Lloyd hugs her tighter "well your plan succeeded, I fell in love with you, and now it hurts"

"It's not like that Lloyd" Aria cries "come on let go and let me talk"

Lloyd takes a shaky breath "I love you Aria"

"..I love you too" Aria replies as her eyes fill with tears

"No.. you don't" Lloyd says

"Llo-" Aria takes a sharp breath

Lloyd slowly lets go as Aria falls to the ground

Lloyd slowly lets go as Aria falls to the ground. Lloyd begins to cry as he drops the knife.

"Oh no" Lloyd shakes his head "what've I done"

Aria closes her eyes as a tear falls down her face.

"Aria!" Lloyd bends down and hold her "wake up! I-I didn't.. Aria" he cries "damn it I wasn't thinking straight.. I don't know what came over me" he lays her body down and stands up "d-don't worry.. I'll make Nadakhan fix this.. and then you can tell me the truth.. I swear"