Chapter 69: Trial and Error

"Hey! I'm already going take it easy!"

Aria leans back in her throne as the doors open and Lloyd is pushed into the room by Kaname and Takuma. Hanabusa stood by Aria's side as always.

"What's going on?" Lloyd asks her "they dragged me here and are holding the ninja outside so they can't enter, you're scaring everyone"

"My father died last night" Aria speaks

Lloyd's eyes widen and then he looks down "that's unfortunate, but why drag me here just to tell me that? You could've just asked me to come without all the force"

"He was destroyed by golden energy" Aria points at him "the only one who controls it, is you"

"I don't have my golden energy anymore Aria, you know that" Lloyd looks tense, he was lying "you can't seriously blame me honey, it's crazy"

"Oh really" Aria says

Hanabusa holds up the medallion.

"This seems to be the cause of his death" Aria says "you were the last to touch it"

"It's just a medallion sweetie" Lloyd chuckles "it doesn't have any special properties"

"Oh right" Aria holds her hand out to Hanabusa "can I hold it Hanabusa"

Lloyd looks panicked "wait don-"

Aria takes the medallion and her hand started burning, gold particles coming from her hand.

"Aria let go!" Lloyd runs up and takes it out of her hand "are you crazy?!"

"Why did you try to stop me Lloyd, if it's just a regular medallion?" Aria stares at him

"..Alright.." Lloyd steps down away from her "I admit it, it was me, I found out from Wu that I could still control my golden power even if I don't physically see it. And I told Wu that the Overlord was still alive, but powerless, Wu told me I needed to get rid of him quickly"

Aria glares at him

"Aria your father could still regain his powers even when a powerless human" Lloyd tries to explain "I had to, just like Wu had to-"

"Back when I was 5" Aria interrupts "The day my mother died she died protecting my father who was a powerless human in the Shadowlands while his powers were suppressed on the dark island. They both died, but only for my father to awaken on the Dark Island, while my mother was in the afterlife"

"..you've known.. that Wu killed your mother?" Lloyd asks "he said you didn't"

"Oh of course I knew" Aria's eyes glowed purple

Lloyd took a step back "Aria calm-"

"I've always known" Aria stands up "and here I am once again, finding myself without my parents, just like back then"

"Aria.. this is my job" Lloyd says backing up as Aria walked closer to him "I have to protect the city, from the Overlord"

"Well" Aria grabs him by the collar, looks him in the eyes with her glowing purple eyes "you missed one"

Lloyd's heart was racing, would they have to fight here. He wasn't ready, not at all. Aria pushes him toward the doors with a lot of force causing him to fall.

"Get out of my sight" Aria turns and walks to her throne

"Aria" Lloyd tries to reach her

Hanabusa stood in front of him "you heard the Empress, leave now"

Lloyd looks around to see glowing red eyes in the shadows of the room. All her knights were present and they were ready to attack if needed. Lloyd slowly leaves the room and out to the ninja who immediately hug him. They head home where Lloyd tells them what happened.

"Lord Aria" Hanabusa looks at her "are you alright?"

"Oh yeah" Aria's looks at Hanabusa "let's find that core"