Chapter 42: Uncovering History Part 2

Fun Book Lore Fact: In the Oni's language Aria is a name meaning Treasure, gold, or something of high value. A name like this would only be permitted to be used by the royals because children of lower hierarchy were deemed of less value then the royals because the royals by bloodline are the most powerful Oni. Aria's mother Layla is a daughter of the royal family, a princess, therefore the Overlord is permitted to give his daughter the name Aria for she is of royal Oni blood.

----

Aria has beautiful blonde hair and natural born purple eyes. She was 3 years old running through the castle as her attendant/personal guard/friend Hanabusa ran after her. Hanabusa was 8 years old.

"Milady please slow down" Hanabusa begs "if you fall and get hurt my dad's going to scold me again"

Aria sticks her tongue out at him before turning down another hall. Aria bumps into somebody and falls on her butt.

"Princess" Hanabusa arrives and helps her up "hey how dare you bum into the princess! Are you- ah!" he stops when he sees a boy a couple years older then him "Lord Kaname"

"Forgive me" the boy Kaname apologizes before looking at Aria "are you alright your highness?"

"Y-Yes" Aria holds Hanabusa's shirt

"Princess Aria this is Lord Kaname, he's a pureblood vampire" Hanabusa introduces "his father is here for the council meeting today too" he looks at Kaname "If I knew you were coming I would've greeted you"

"You're job is to watch the princess not greet guests" Kaname smiles "so it's no problem at all"

"ne Hanabusa" Aria tugs on his shirt "are you and Lord Kaname friends?"

"yeah, but Princess you don't call him Lord Kaname" Hanabusa tells her "he's a lord cause he's the son of an aristocrat of the highest standing and a pure blood, but you're of a higher standing then him so you can just call him by his name"

"huh?" Aria looks confused

"He's right princess" Kaname smiles "calling me lord would be improper, please don't lower your standing"

"...alright Kaname" Aria smiles

"Do you know why I'm here today?" Kaname asks

"Nope" Aria says "what?"

"I'm going to be joining the knights in training" Kaname tells her "meaning when you get older and take over I'm going to be one of your Vampire Knights"

"Who are the Vampire Knights?" Aria asks

"Milady the Vampire Knights are the vampires you see wearing the white suites, they kinda look like school uniforms, the males wear pants and the females wear skirts"

"Ohhhh, you mean the private guards?" Aria questions

"Yeah, but their proper name are the Vampire Knights" Hanabusa smiles

"So Kaname is going to be training to become one?" Aria asks looking at him 

"Yes" Kaname confirms "I look forward to serving you princess"

"Do your best" Aria smiles

"H-Hey princess you know I'm training to become one too!" Hanabusa shouts

"hm?" Aria looks at him "yeah"

Hanabusa sulks and Kaname lets out a chuckle but tries to hide it.