Chapter 31: The Medallion

Aria sighs as she plops down onto the ground. She had been traveling for weeks, the temple wasn't anywhere she's checked, and she's looked almost everywhere.

"What did the ninja get to find the temple of light? A medallion. What do I get? Nothing." Aria complains "Ahhhh this is so frustrating"

Aria lays down on the ground and looks up at the sky.

"Wait.. the medallion used to find the temple of light on the darkness can be used to find the temple of darkness!" Aria shouts sitting up "It's like a double edged sword, it has the ability to find both"

Aria stands up and quickly heads back to Ninjago. She opens her phone and searches for Lloyd's location, which was the Samurai X cave.

"Why is he there?" Aria questions

Aria shrugs to herself before heading to the Samurai X cave. She easily hacks into the system and the doors open. She makes her way through the cave before arriving at the main area where all the ninja but Kai were. Zane was on a table, he was damaged and hooked up to the computer, Nya was playing a video from his memory.

"Um, did I miss something?" Jay asks "One second Zane is talking, then nothing"

"Okay, let's try again, only slower" Nya slows down the video, but still sees nothing

Cole points to the screen "Oh, there you go. Zane was nailed by, uh, some mysterious blurry thing. Hehe"

"Oh, so all we need to do is round up all the blurs in Ninjago" Jay says sarcastically "This tells us nothing!"

"Maybe I can slow it down more" Nya tries to before it disappears "We lost the connection"

"Aw, and Zane" Jay whines

Misako brings Wu a cup of tea, Wu and Lloyd talk as the ninja try to get the connection back up. Aria walks fully into the main area and clears her throat, getting the ninja's attention.

"If you want, I can fix that" Aria says pointing to the computer "I can fix the connection and get the video slowed down with a clear image"

"Aria" the ninja say surprised

"Honey what are you doing here?" Lloyd asks walking over to her "how'd you even know we're here?"

"And how'd you get through all the security?" Nya questions

"I'm the dark lord" Aria rolls her eyes with a smirk "finding some pesky ninja and hacking through security is easy for me"

"you little brat" Lloyd pinches her nose

Aria sticks her tongue out at him playfully.

"Hold up are we missing something?" Jay asks

"Does he know?" Cole asks

"Um yeah" Lloyd replies "I found out like a month and a 1/2 ago"

"but anyway" Aria points to the computer again "I can fix that if you want"

"Uh.. should we be retrieving help from her?" Nya asks

"Depends, what is it you want in return?" Cole asks

"I'm glad you asked, my dear cousin" Aria smiles and glances at the sleeping Wu before looking back at the ninja "I'd like that medallion you used to find the temple of light on the island of darkness"

They all looked at each other and shrugged.

"Sure" Lloyd agrees "but why do you want it?"

"Nothing important" Aria replies "I just like old relics and artifacts, you saw the collectables I own when you all helped me move. I just want another piece for my collection, it's an antique and you already found the temple of light so I figured you had no use for it anymore"

"Alright great then" Lloyd says "I'll go get it while you work on what we need"

"Sure thing" Aria smiles

Lloyd kisses her cheek before leaving the hideout. Aria walks over to the computer and inputs a device.

"uh what's that?" Nya asks concerned

"I guess we'll call it a present" Aria replies as she presses some buttons

The ninja all look at each other curiously before going back to watching Aria. After some clicks, typing, and loading whatever she had put into the system was now running. Aria loads up the video from Zane and plays it.

"Acronix? I though he got, you know, finished off at the monastery" Cole says

Aria glances at them 'Acronix? Why does that sound familiar?'

"He did!" Jay shouts

"Apparently not" Nya points to his weapon "And look, he's still got the Time Blade!"

'a time blade' Aria's eyes widen 'those are the time artifacts missing from the sanctuary'

They continue the video that shows Acronix taking Borg.

"That's why Zane never saw him coming. Acronix fast forwarded into a blur!" Jay shouts

"But wait. Cyrus Borg said he saw someone approaching before that. But who?" Nya questions

They play the video to see Dr. Saunders.

"That's...Dr. Saunders" Jay points out

Cole looks down "Hold on. That means he and Acronix..."

"Are working together!?" Jay and Cole shout

"And he's hooked up with those slithering Samurais too" Cole adds

"Oh, I always knew there was something snakey about that guy!" Jay shouts

"No, there wasn't. Dr. Saunders is such a kind old man. Remember all the school field trips to the museum" Nya says

"Exactly! And how boring were those?" Jay argues

Cole shrugs "I kinda liked them"

"No you didn't" Aria inturrupts

"The point is, he's definitely gone full snake now" Jay says

Nya gasps "And Kai is headed right into that snake's nest!"

Aria slow claps "wow, such a revolution for you all, but.."

Lloyd walks in with the medallion

"I got a job to get back to" Aria walks over and takes it from him "thank you honey" she kisses his cheek "good luck ninja"

Aria waves to them mockingly before walking out of the hideout. Lloyd chuckles and the ninja stare at him.

"What?" Lloyd asks turning to them

"That.. that you're attracted to?" Jay questions

Lloyd shrugs "I like them feisty"

"ugh" Nya rolls her eyes

"seriously" Cole face palms

The 3 ninja sigh before running out.

"What?" Lloyd questions "I do" he runs after them "wait up guys!"