Chapter 44: Big Trouble Little Ninjago

Aria looks down at the crystal in her hand that was glowing gold.

"And this has the golden power in it now?" Aria asks her father

"Yes" Svern replies "as long as you have it you'll be able to channel it"

"So how do I use it?" Aria asks

"Just feel it I guess" Svern shrugs "that's how I used it"

"You also absorbed it" Aria argues "but alright"

"Now remember, Garmadon is absorbing all evil right now" Svern says "don't use your dark powers or you'll risk loosing them, stay safe and kick some ass"

"pft" Aria held in a laugh "got it dad"

-

"Come on. We have to go" Misako and Wu leave the apartment and Wu screams when they see Garmadon "What has happened to you?"

Garmadon attacks but Aria appears and kicks Garmadon in the gut before kicking him into the wall. 

"Aria!" Little Wu shouts happily

"Aria" Misako says "what in the world are you doing here?"

"Uh kicking this poser's butt" Aria replies "what else would I be doing?"

"Anything but being here"

Aria looks at Lloyd who just arrived "welcome to the party greenie.. oh by the way" she walks over and slaps him "don't ever fight a battle you can't win and almost die again"

"...ow" Lloyd rubs his cheek

"Take Wu and get out of here" Aria tells them "Garmadon's too dangerous for you"

"I can help hold him back" Misako hands Wu to Lloyd

"You sure you're up for this?" Aria asks

"I was married to him once. I'm up for anything. It's just like training with Layla" Misako replies

The two girls fight Garmadon as Lloyd runs away with Wu. Garmadon kicked Misako into the wall and Aria blasted him with gold energy.

"Oh wow it worked" Aria says impressed

Misako gasps and mutters "golden power.. how does she.."

"Misako! Get out of here!" Aria shouts

"Are you sure?" Misako asks worried

"Go now!" Aria shouts as Garmadon gets up

Misako reluctantly ran away. Once she was out of sight Aria flipped Garmadon onto his back.

Aria moves her hair out of her face "Alright Garmadon, now it's just you and me, Dark Lord and Dark Lord"

"hehehe" Garmadon laughs "you still have a lot to learn young pupil"

"You.. are not my sensei" Aria glares at him

The two continue to fight until they eventually made it up to the roof. Aria's eyes glow gold and she kicks Garmadon in the chest. He sends a blast of dark energy at her which she dodges. Behind her the Bounty was crushed along with the ninja, but she didn't have to time to feel sad over her cousin's death.

Harumi arrived on the building and stabbed Aria in the arm, she let go of Garmadon and knocked them both on the ground. She pulled the knife out of her arm and threw it at Harumi. Garmadon grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. She landed near the edge and quickly got up.

As Aria fought more with Garmadon, Harumi took advantage of her being distracted. Lloyd, Misako, and Nya watched Harumi pick up a knife.

"ARIA" Lloyd yelled

Aria turned around and knocked the knife out of her hands before throwing Harumi over her shoulder who knocked right into Garmadon.

"Aria don't fight!" Lloyd shouts from the boat "Jump down!"

Aria looks down at him "I'm not running away!"

"JUST DO IT" Lloyd yells "We can't win today!"

Aria growls

"Yeet!" she jumps off the building 

Lloyd covers his face "she did that all the time as a kid.. why is she staring that again now"

Aria lands into the water, she flinches in pain as the water cuts her skin from the height that she jumped from. She swam to the surface and she was pulled up onto the boat.

"Easy Aria" Nya patted Aria's back as she coughed up water

"We need to treat your wounds" Misako says worriedly

"I'm fine" Aria tells them and sits down

"Why didn't you turn into a dragon or something?" Lloyd asks "I would've thought you'd go all out"

"...I can't use my dark powers" Aria replies "Garmadon might absorb them and I'd be left with nothing"

"So he's even got you pinned down" Lloyd sighs "at least we live to fight another day"

The group stares up at Garmadon as they make their escape. Today he might have won, but that doesn't mean they give up.

Aria sighs "yeah"