Chapter 89: Life After; The End

"Hey guys we got another letter from Lloyd!" Kai shouts across the monastery

Kai and his fellow ninja masters grouped up along with Wu and Misako to listen to the letter. It's been 8 years since the execution of Aria Lord and Lloyd hadn't been seen since. He disappeared suddenly but wrote letters frequently to his friends and family. The ninja all became masters at the monastery and have been training young students.

"What does it say?" Cole asks

"Dear ninja," Kai began "you wouldn't believe the size of the snake I found in the desert the other day, it was twice my height, but I was lucky it was no devourer."

The ninja chuckle.

"Travels are going well, no danger as always. A few bandits but they were no trouble for me. I hope you're training your students well, they might not be elemental masters but they're going to help do great things. Tell mom and Wu I said hi and I love them. I'll write you again soon, until then."

"Hah he's lucky" Jay says "if he ran into the devourer again we'd have to go save him"

"We should write back" Zane suggests

"Good idea" Cole agrees

The ninja rush off to write a response.

"It's been years since we've seen Lloyd, do you think he is truly ok?" Misako asks Wu

"I do not know" Wu answers honestly "I believe even after all this time he is still finding ways to distract himself from what he saw that day"

"It must be hard" Misako smiles slightly "but I believe he's ok, we'll see him one day"

-

"We're home!" two twin boys shout as they enter their house

The two walk outside where their mother was.

"Mom" the twin with purple eyes calls out to her

"Welcome back, Ren, Len" She smiles "how was school?"

"It was great mom!" the twin with green eyes runs up to her "3rd grade is awesome"

"I'm glad to hear" she pats his head then turns to the purple eyed twin "How about you Ren?"

"It was good, no trouble" Ren replies "do you want dinner?"

"I told you I'd make dinner tonight silly boy" She giggles

"Can you make dad's favorite?!" Len begs "pleasssse"

"Idiot it's your favorite" Ren flicks his brother's forehead

"Owie" Len whines "but mom said it was dad's favorite"

"It was your father's favorite" the mother pinches the boy's noses "when he was alive"

Ren looks away "stupid dad had to go off and die"

"Ren" she pulls him and Len into a hug "I know growing up without your dad has been hard, but trust me when is say he was the best and you would've loved him" she smiles sadly "It's because of him that I'm here.. and you two are here"

"I know" Ren closes his eyes "I just wish we could've all been together"

Len began crying.

"don't cry idiot you're going to make me cry!" Ren shouts at Len holding back tears

"You know boys you look just like your father" she pets the boy's heads "Ren has my beautiful purple eyes and Len has Lloyd's green ones, your father would be proud of how you're growing"

The boys rubbed their eyes.

"Come on" she stands up "let's go make dinner"

The world is hard and cruel, for even those who are destined for greatness can fall at the hands of darkness. This story was a bit different, the one who was destined for greatness fell hard at the hands of darkness, but he fell hard in love.

The truth of what happened that day, nobody knows, for the world believes that Aria Lord is no more. Yes, Lloyd Garmadon had switched places with Aria, but do not cry for him, for it was his choice, and his legacy lives on and will never be forgotten.

The End.