Chapter 56: The Speedway Five-Billion

"Ladies and gentlemen! Robots and beasts and racers of all kinds! Welcome to the main event, the most dangerous race in all of Prime Empire. The Speedway Five-Billion!" The audience cheers

"And the prize is... That's right. A Key-Tana! But who will take the prize home? Let's meet our contestants. First up, the ever-popular Whack Rats! The Chrome Domes! The Ballistic Missiles! Galaxy! And lastly... Wait, what's this? I'm being told we're one team short. That's right, the Fast Chickens are a no-show" A chicken wearing a mini soda guzzler squawks in protest

"What do we think of that, folks?" The audience boos, and they throw their soda bottles at the screen. The Admin Droid flies towards the starting line "But the Speedway waits for no one! So let's get started. On your mark, get set, go!" The Admin Droid fires a gun and the racers speed off

"Holy Loot-Box! We've got a last-minute arrival!" The Ninja and Racer Seven enter the race track, with Red Visors following "The Fast Chickens are in the house! And it looks like they've got company. Red Visors in pursuit. I'd say that's against the rules, but it's the Speedway. There are no rules"

"I see Aria in the race too!" Cole shouts to the others "she's ahead, way ahead!"

"let's catch up!" Lloyd replies

As the race goes on, more and more racers get eliminated. As Jay pulls up front, he gets side to side with Ritchie They both recognize each other, and Ritchie throws a bomb at him. Luckily, Jay ducks down in time for it to go over his jet and hit another competitor, sending it flying back and hitting other race vehicles as well.

The racers begin to pass the second-mile marker and Nya gets surrounded by Red Visors. As they try to ram her from both side, she drives back as they collide with each other, then speeds up and knocks them off the track, laughing as a result.

Kai and Cole get close to a Whack Rat, the Rat gets a Loot-Box. As a result, a spiked wrecking ball gets attached to his car by a chain. Kai manages to evade his attacks, but as Cole dodges, he accidentally gets stuck on the base of the chain.

Cole manages to make his way up to the Whack Rat's car and throw its driver out, getting Cole a vehicle of his own. Kai grabs another Loot-Box up ahead. When it seems like it doesn't do anything, Kai's jet turns into a fast running mech. Kai laughs as a response while he takes out another racer.

After making their way to the third-mile marker, Nya is almost out of the race due to a fire getting set on the hood of her car, but Racer Seven is able to put it out with the extinguisher attached to her car. Jay then begins to be rammed by the Red Visors from all sides of his jet. Kai and Cole arrive on the scene. Knowing that their friends stand a better chance of winning than them, the two exchange knowing nods.

Kai's mech jumps on a Red Visors' car and Cole throws his wrecking ball at two other Red Visors' cars, one being the one he hit with the wrecking ball with and the other he snagged while dragging the other car back. As all the vehicles are about to collide, Kai and Cole wish their friends good luck. A giant explosion occurs and everyone is shocked when two energy cubes fall to the track.

Jay and Nya scream for their friends while Lloyd hangs his head down in despair while Unagami's drones pick up the cubes. As the Fast Chickens move into third place, they begin to arrive at the fourth-mile marker along with Ritchie and the other Whack Rats, with Galaxy aka Aria in first place.

Racer Seven grows nervous, as this is where she always wipes out. She remembers what Lloyd said about breaking her programming and believing herself. Seven speeds up and drives past the other racers and evades their attempts to knock her out.

They all pass the fourth-mile marker, surprising the audience by Seven's motives. The Whack Rats then attempt to move her out of second, but the Ninja get in their way. Racer Seven tries to pass Aria but she knocks her back, Aria crosses the finish line first and wins as everyone cheers.

-

Aria receives the Yellow Key-Tana.

"I'm sorry I lost" Racer Seven apologizes to the ninja

"It's alright.." Lloyd says and looks towards Aria "she just never lets anyone beat her"

Racer Seven notices Red Visors arriving "You'd better go"

"Thank you" Lloyd smiles

The ninja all run out, leaving Aria to celebrate her win.

Aria watches them run "for as long as I'm here, you ninja will never win"