Chapter 86: The Fall of the Lords

Aria, Layla, and Overlord were sitting together when Kaname runs in.

"The townspeople and the Elemental masters are attacking!" Kaname shouts

"The ninjas are back?" Overlord asks

"No.. the others" Kaname replies "Along with Wu"

"Overlord" Layla looks at him "we can't take them all on again, remember what happened last time"

"You're right" Overlord sighs "we must escape, to the Shadowlands"

"What? We're just leaving?" Aria asks confused

"If they get ahold of you they can reset the core" Overlord looks at her "And Wu knows that, we must run"

The manor shook and they could hear the sound of fighting below.

"Hurry!" Kaname shouts

Layla and Overlord quickly grab their magical items.

"Where's Hanabusa?" Aria asks worried

"Fighting below with the others so you can escape princess" Kaname replies "now hurry"

"We can't just leave them" Aria argues

"Sacrifices must be made so that we can prosper" Overlord tells her "if the core is reset then your mother and I won't exist anymore, we'll return to the land of the dead"

"But.." Aria looks down

"I know it's hard honey but we must go" Layla tells her daughter

"Alright.." Aria nods "you two get going, I have to grab the Skull of Hazza D'ur"

"Be quick" Overlord says before taking his wife's hand and running to their escape route

Aria takes a breath before rushing to her room with Kaname outside waiting for her. Aria walked to her window and watched below as her guards fell one by one, the elemental masters and townsfolk rushing in.

"Princess we must go!" Kaname shouts from outside

"Kaname" Aria speaks "you were a loyal guard"

"What-" Kaname was cut off by the sound of fighting

Aria stared out at the city, time passed and she heard a thud, the door opened and in rushed the elemental master's. To her surprise when she turned around she saw Ronin leading them, not Wu.

"It's over Aria" Ronin says "your reign of terror ends here"

"My reign of terror huh?" Aria smiles a bit "right, well then I guess their's nothing I can do.. you've caught me.. and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to take on all of you"

Aria held out her arms. Ronin slowly walked over to her and put vengestone cuffs on her.

"No tricks?" Ronin questions "you surrender just like that"

"Yes" Aria nods "A good queen knows when she's been beaten"

"Then I hope you're prepared for the consequences" Ronin says spiteful

"Yes of course" Aria replies

The Elemental masters pull her out of her room and down through the underground path before facing the core. The core glows and the darkness in it returns to Aria, leaving it pure and the land returns to normal, peaceful once again.

Aria is brought to the dungeon where they throw her in, to stay until the day arrives.

"Funny" Aria looks up "how different things would've been.. if I had left.. take that cloud kingdom" she giggles to herself "I changed destiny"