1. You gotta be kidding me

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚

Summer shouldn't feel this lonely. We can't be surrounded by people every minute, of course, but why would there be a void inside of us? Where the days are long and warm, and the nights can't get enough time. They don't last for long, because the selfish days replace the quiet hours.

Summer is happiness. Going out with your friends, and getting lost in the town you were born in. Meeting people you've known your whole life. Experiencing things twice, or perhaps trying something new.

Summer should make you laugh uncontrollably and forget what's it like to fall asleep, so you can stay up all night.

Summer shouldn't feel this lonely.

The rays of the sun fell on my face, which caused me to open my eyes.

The last day at Hogwarts before summer. The time truly was running like crazy. Since we were coming back home that day, there were no lessons. Everyone was spending their last moments with friends and packing up. It was a quiet day where nobody was in a hurry.

Everyone was happy that the holiday had come. Well, so was I, but the fact of starting my 7th year after summer couldn't bare to leave me. Maybe Hogwarts wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, but it was my home. I truly didn't want to leave this place. Not to mention stepping into adulthood— meaning my twenties was something I definitely wasn't ready for.

Finally, I decided to get out of bed. I opened the window and felt the warm air brush against my skin. After having a little look outside, I walked away from the window and decided to make myself look like an actual human.

I wasn't a morning person, I really enjoyed sleeping.

I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower as the water ran down my body, which made me forget everything for a while.

After a couple of minutes, I left the shower and wrapped myself in a towel, then went to the sink and washed my face and teeth. With the flick of my wand, my hair was dry and so was my skin. I put some makeup on, then went back to my dorm and got dressed.

Since it was summer, I pulled on a white loose dress and tied my hair into a ponytail. I pulled on my trainers and finally left my dormitory.

As I walked down the stairs to the common room, I spotted Draco sitting on the couch. I walked over to him and took a seat next to him.

"Well well, look who has finally decided to get up," he said, slightly irritated.

"Shove it, Malfoy. You know I need more sleep than an average human being," I put my head on his shoulder which made him laugh.

"Yeah, right. As if you don't already sleep more than a toddler," he replied in a mocking voice.

"You're so funny, honestly," I mumbled, ready to drift away but couldn't get that chance.

Draco got up from the couch, making me whine in frustration since I was resting my head comfortably on his shoulder, and now I was supposed to carry its weight on my own.

"You'll have a whole summer to sleep. Now, come on, I'm starving," Draco put his hand on his stomach.

I sighed heavily, as I got up and we left the common room.

A couple of minutes went by and we found ourselves in the Great Hall, where we took our seats at the Slytherin table. The atmosphere was really warm, as the students were talking and laughing, thus spending their last moments together before the holidays.