16. Burned to desire

Chapter sixteen

WARNING: This chapter includes scars.

It was barely a quarter past seven and we were already up. I got a bit used to getting out of bed at such an early hour, although I still was in need of a few more hours of sleep.

Taking a bath together was an amazing idea. I was hoping for it to awaken me a bit but it caused the opposite. It was relaxing to the point where I was ready to close my eyes and drift off.

The foam hid our exposed skin while the warm water made sure Narcissa and I weren't covered in goosebumps. The silence was tangling with our little talks and secret stares towards each other, although we both knew about them.

Were they really such mysteries, then?

Well, they had to be. The reality hit way too early for me to enjoy the moment. The worry, and anxiety of somebody finding out what happened between the two of us. It was exciting to think that Narcissa and I had sex the night before but forbidden as well.

Mrs. Malfoy was resting her chin on her arms, crossed on the rim of the bathtub. She was staring at one of the many floating candles, looking directly into the flames.

"What are you thinking about, sweetheart?" she shifted her eyes on me, once she felt my stare.

I wanted to ask her if what we did was right. If we wouldn't have to deal with the consequences later. If it wasn't wrong for us to do it. Even if I knew it was, I wanted her to deny my words and make the anxiety leave me alone. But I didn't want to disturb her calmness.

"Nothing in particular. I'm enjoying the moment," I smiled lightly, repeating her words from the night before.

I needed to hide all the worries since getting rid of them was way more difficult. I wanted them to go to a place far away from us, so I could enjoy the bath with Narcissa without any guilt.

I needed them to disappear six feet under the ground.

"Taking a bath together or having yet another chance to see me naked?" she cocked an eyebrow, replacing the warm smile with a smirk.

"I'm sure you know the answer," I winked at her, noticing the blush creep onto her cheeks within seconds.

I caressed her cheek with my finger, looking straight into her eyes.

It was either me or she was melting into my touch.

"It is quite pleasant, isn't it?' she began, smiling and looking around, "The candles, foam, relaxing together in the warm water–"

"After fucking the shit out of each other the night before." I finished in a cocky tone, then leaned my head on the rim of the tub and closed my eyes, "Very enjoyable, Narcissa."

I didn't see her expressions after this sentence. But I was sure the smile was replaced with something different. Something like, you did not just say that but turned into the most hilarious expressions possible.

"Watch this pretty mouth of yours, darling. Otherwise, I will help you." she splashed me with some water, making me look at her.

"May I remind you what words slipped from your tongue yesterday?" I wiped my face. "Although, you did not only use it to speak." I moved closer to her and left a kiss on her lips, making the candle fall apart from jealousy.

They say fire knows nothing of mercy, but there's nothing more merciless than two people already burned to desire.

"My oh, my.. Someone is getting bold," she hummed. "I'm sure we can put those lips to better use." she lifted my chin with her pointing and middle fingers, connecting our lips.