14. Goodnight, boys

Chapter fourteen

Song for this chapter-> Home again by Michael Kiwanuka 

"Merlin, I can't remember that last time I was here," I looked at the Burrow, as George and I apparated on the outskirts of Ottery St. Catchpole.

"It seems like your life with Malfoys has been more important than your own family," George observed while walking next to me.

"Seriously Georgie?" I peeked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You know I love you all, idiot."

"I didn't say you don't, but... You could've always stayed with us for the summer, yet you chose the ferret boy and old Malfoy's. I feel sorry for you, Cassie."

"It just.. happened." I shrugged, "Draco came out of nowhere with the invitation. His parents didn't even know I was coming until the last minute and it's still driving me mad."

"That's the whole Malfoy, darling." he put his arm around me, "He does what he wants and doesn't think about the consequences. What did you expect?"

The minute we walked into the Burrow, the smell of baking biscuits filled my nostrils. All my muscles relaxed, as the warm aura surrounded me.

I always loved how the Weasley's house felt so much like home and I had to admit, I missed it. Staying at the Malfoy Manor was an interesting experience, but they had no chance with the Weasleys when it came to the family atmosphere.

"It's not like this," I protested, "He has the tendency to be stupid and thoughtless, but so do we."

"He literally set you up. I'm just waiting for an owl to come with the invitation to your funeral," he mocked me, as we took our shoes off.

"Why would you expect my death?"

"Draco's father might be one of the causes," Fred joined the conversation and leaned against the tabletop.

"The second one would be his mother," George added and crossed his arms on his chest.

"And let's not forget about Draco himself. You two are close, he might pull out a knife and stab you in the back any time," Fred added.

I can't with these two.

"If you have to know, Narcissa is a lovely and gentle woman. Her voice is much softer when it's just her and me than when she's around people." I objected and corrected the bag on my arm, "Lucius... Well, he has a fragile ego, but you can talk to him and the conversation itself is enjoyable. And Draco would never do that. If he really wanted to, he would stab me in the back a long time ago," I imitated their tones. "Honestly, they're not as bad as they seem."

"Senior Malfoy?" George cocked an eyebrow and looked at his twin.

"Nice to talk to?" Fred followed his brother and soon they both busted out laughing.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them, then entered the living area where everyone was seated.

"You finally made it," Ginny smiled at me, as I saw her sitting on the sofa with Hermione and Ron.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Fred began.

"Cassiopeia De Bousquet has happily escaped from the Manor," George continued playfully.

"Would you like to tell us about your big escape?" Fred used his wand as a microphone and pointed at me.

"Well, my dear boys, it was really difficult. As I somehow freed myself from the cold and dark cellar, I took what I could and waited for Georgie's arrival," I went on with their silly game, "Lucius almost Crucioed my ass and his wife was about to kill me, but I eventually did it."