9. One touch

Chapter nine

Song for this chapter -> Mystery of love

Excitement with the coming party left me unable to sleep in. There were only three days left and I truly wanted them to pass by quickly.

My morning looked just like my previous ones. Woke up way too early for my liking and had to get ready.

The day was pretty hot, meaning the less clothing the better. The white bralette I wore left the tattoo on my ribs visible– not to mention the exposed cleavage. I felt good about my body that day so decided to dress up nicely. I matched the top with a greenish low-rise skirt that reached right above my ankles and called it a day.

I tied my hair into a loose braid while walking into the dining room where Narcissa was already seated.

"Good morning, ma'am," I greeted her and bowed slightly.

"Good morning, love," she smiled back and took a sip of her orange juice.

After taking my seat, I couldn't take my eyes off her. The folar dress she wore complemented her skin so nicely. Her collarbones were left exposed and a beautiful necklace rested across her chest. Her make-up was delicate, considering the hot weather, and her hair was tied up in a bun.

Narcissa felt my stare, shifting her eyes on me.

"Is everything alright, Cassiopeia?" she tilted her head slightly.

"Yes, of course– I'm sorry for staring, ma'am," I became a babbling mess. "You look so lovely I couldn't help myself. This dress compliments you so well."

"I suppose your staring is explained, then," she joked, which made me giggle. "Thank you, my love. You are a truly sweet girl."

I felt my cheeks warm up a bit at her words, as well as her warm smile.

Soon, the rest of the Malfoy family joined us. Lucius and Draco walked into the room, lost in their conversation.

It was nice to see Draco talk with his father. He looked excited whenever he talked with Lucius about things they were passionate about. They had this one thing that connected them as a father and son.

Draco always used to talk about how his father was interested in Dark Items and stuff which referred to Dark Arts. Lucius had a lot of books with spells and potions in them. Dark magical artefacts and objects, such as skulls and amulets and many more things I found truly dangerous, as well as frightening.

Draco was interested in this kind of stuff. Like father, like son, I guess. He looked up to his father, even if they got under each other's skin sometimes and couldn't seem to understand one another.

"Good morning, everyone," Lucius greeted us.

His hair was tied in a low ponytail with a black ribbon and he was wearing a white button-up with short sleeves and some black shorts, which reached above his knees. Classy, but casual.

"Hey there, honey." Draco stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my neck, then rested his chin on my head for a moment.

"That's odd, you're being nice to me," I spoke with a rather suspicious tone.

"I'm just in a good mood, you know?" he let go of me and took his seat.

"Then I bet you will come up with an amazing plan for today. I have no idea what we can do."

"Hate to break it to you but you have to take care of yourself for the day. I'm helping father in his study," he announced.

"A men's day, I see," I shifted my eyes between Draco and Lucius. "In that case, enjoy your time together."