3. Familiar

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Draco stopped what he was doing but didn't let me out of his arms. I shifted my eyes to where the voice was coming from. A shiver ran down my spine as I saw Lucius, sitting in an armchair with his leg crossed over the other one.

"You two seem to have fun," he smirked.

"I'm sorry, sir. We didn't mean to be this loud," I sent an apologising look to Lucius, which only made him chuckle.

"Draco, could you leave us for a moment?" he looked at his son.

"Of course, Father." he let go of me.

He whispered don't worry and with that, I was left alone with Lucius.

If it were my first time ever seeing Mrs. Malfoy, I would say she is the loveliest woman alive. Soft-spoken, with such a warm smile. But I couldn't think the same thing about Lucius. Even though he was nice as well, I just felt intimidated by him.

Anxiety kicked in without Draco standing next to me.

"Take a seat, my dear," he gestured to the chair in front of him.

I did as he asked. I sat with a straight back and placed my hands on my thighs, trying to look as well-behaved as I could.

Lucius was about to say something, but not a single word left his lips. A concerned look formed on his face instead.

"Are you feeling alright, Miss De Bousquet?" he asked, "You're looking a bit pale."

"Yes, of course," I let out an anxious laugh. "Thank you for your concern, sir. I'm just a little nervous, that's all."

"Why so nervous, love?" he asked.

"I suppose, this whole situation is still a bit fresh. Draco came out of the blue with inviting me here and I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed," I explained. "At least, I'm glad he sent you a letter so I didn't come here unannounced. Nevertheless, I apologise for my sudden appearance. I do hope you don't mind my staying– because if you do, please tell me."

"Why would I mind?" he chuckled, "Draco has told us all about you. I looked upon meeting you, my dear. You're quite a clever witch, aren't you?"

I exhaled relieved, yet the bits of anxiety stayed inside my chest. His words seemed genuine, but I still felt like I barged into their home.

"Well, in that case, thank you for your honesty, Mr. Malfoy. And for letting me stay here, of course."

"My pleasure," he nodded. "I was willing to ask, are you comfortable with the room you're staying in? Is there anything you need?" he asked and rested both of his hands on his cane.

"Everything is perfect, thank you. I couldn't ask for anything more," I assured him, slowly relaxing my tensed muscles.

"If anything changes, please do let us know. We want our guests to feel as comfortable as possible."

"Of course, sir."

"Tell me, did Draco show you around?" he changed the subject.

"Yes, but I'm afraid I might still get lost," I confessed, "Everything here is absolutely beautiful, but your manor is a huge building. It's easy to lose one's way," I explained which made Lucius chuckle lowly.

"I'm sure you will get used to it with time. You have two whole months," he comforted me.

I know Lucius was trying to be nice, but his words didn't exactly soothe me. At least not in the way I was hoping.