17. Two faithful souls

Author's note: for everyone being patient with me, thank you for waiting for another chapter<3 I hope you will like it!

Chapter seventeen

"Draco, are you ready?" I knocked at his door.

"Give me five minutes!" he yelled back.

"You said the same thing twenty minutes ago! I don't want to be late."

"I need to look decent, Cass. It won't take long, I promise!"

I sighed and returned to my room. I put the cream purse on my bed, as well as the small bouquet of white roses and stepped up to a mirror. I looked at my reflection, hoping there was something I could fix or correct, but there was nothing.

I admired the gracious low ponytail made by Narcissa, with a few strands falling on my face. The way the red dress hugged my figure and brought out my subtle curves. I glanced at the dark eyeshadow, as well as the red lipstick. It bothered me I couldn't do anything to skip a few minutes. I was hoping for Draco to hurry since I didn't like wasting my time.

"You're still here, love?" Narcissa peeked at me, standing in the doorframe.

"I'm waiting for Diva Malfoy," I turned my head and smiled. "This bloody Gemini is taking forever to get ready."

I heard Mrs. Malfoy chuckle at my statement, soon followed by a few steps towards me. Her eyes scanned me thoroughly. It made my knees grow weak. Her stare was something that would always have such an act on me. Full of mystery and grace, but it was this spark of lust that caused her eyes to turn into a darker shade of brown.

"You look astonishing, Cassiopeia," she stood next to me, looking at my reflection.

"All because you helped me," I pointed out. "You did this amazing hairstyle and picked the dress. I owe you, Mrs. Malfoy."

Narcissa was a woman with amazing taste in fashion. Her clothes, accessories and make-up simply screamed elegance. I thought, why not ask her for help to get ready for Everett's wedding. She picked the dress, matched the shoes and make-up with it, as well as the jewellery and hairstyle. All of it turned out perfectly.

"I'm happy you like it." she placed her hand on my back. "Remember to not drink too much alcohol. I won't be there to save you from embarrassing yourself and getting into trouble."

"Getting into trouble? What do you mean by that, exactly?" I knitted my eyebrows together.

"The last time you got drunk you did some unforgettable things, didn't you?" she smirked, "Stripping in front of me, your boldness showing up. And let's not forget blacking out underneath my body, almost fully naked."

I couldn't remember every detail from that night, but some of it came to me, eventually.

I was ashamed for some time when Narcissa told me what my drunk self did and caused. The only thing I didn't regret was kissing her. I feel like it was the beginning of what was going on between the two of us.

Whatever it was, at least.

"I admit, I drank too much. But I'm sure I wasn't the only one who blacked out," I tried to justify myself. "There are people out there who party harder than Pansy, Draco, Blaise and me, put all together."

When you think about it, the four of us as a single person wouldn't live long. Cause of death? Alcohol poisoning. Or smashing their head against something hard, after getting drunk. Being eaten by some sort of creature in the Forbidden Forest sounds like an option as well.