13. A bloody masquerade

Chapter thirteen

⚠WARNING⚠: this chapter contains mention of self-harm/scars.

"I have to admit, Everett is a cool guy," Draco flew up to me, as we were heading back home on our brooms.

I wanted to stay for a while in the city and grab something to eat, but if I was supposed to clean the tattoo every three hours, it was impossible.

"Told you," I smiled at him, thinking about all the times Everett and I hung out together.

I remember this one time when we went to an amusement park. The fiery sunset, colourful fireworks and driving in the car, while listening to our favourite songs. We went on the biggest ride available and Ev still had the picture the machine took of us. We both looked terrible, but it was hilarious and he decided to keep it.

We went back home about two at night, but it was hard to fall asleep at my aunt's home so I stayed up all night. I was exhausted through the day, but I didn't want to go to sleep. I simply couldn't. The chilly morning, while sitting on the window with a warm coffee in my palms and the auburn cat lying next to me.

Everything was so peaceful. So quiet.

"But I don't think your father will care about it. His mania speaks for itself," I pointed out, which made Draco sigh.

"Yeah, I suppose. That's just how father is," he replied. "And this woman at the counter, who was it?" he questioned, while the view of Malfoy Manor caught our eyes.

"Willow, his fiancée. They've been together for four years now and got engaged about a year ago."

We landed on the ground and took our brooms in our hands, then stepped into the Manor. We put the brooms aside and took our shoes off, then decided to head upstairs.

"They really got together well, didn't they? Everett and Willow. I mean, running a business with your loved one. Sounds exciting," Draco pointed out.

"Oh, definitely. They always–" I didn't finish my sentence when we heard the sound of glass breaking, soon followed by shouting.

Draco and I looked at each other bewildered.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, not sure if I was the only one.

"Unfortunately, yes," he admitted, scared a bit.

We headed to the source of the noises and found ourselves in the kitchen. We looked at Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy, but I wasn't sure if they noticed us, since they kept on with what we heard from the stairs.

"Just shut your mouth already! I would love to have at least one peaceful evening without your goddamn comments!" Mr. Malfoy shouted furiously.

"Of course, I'm the bad one here," Narcissa replied in a mocking tone. "You're so selfish, Lucius. I can't believe I married you."

"You know I am right, Narcissa. You're too fucking proud to admit it," Lucius scoffed making Narcissa exhale angrily, letting us know she was done with his words.

She finally noticed us and decided to end their talk.

"Let me tell you one thing, Lucius. I am not like you. I will never be like your egocentric and disgusting person. End of the conversation," she spoke with grief and wanted to walk past Mr. Malfoy, but he grabbed her by her wrist.

"What did you just say?" he pulled Mrs. Malfoy closer to him, towering over her petite figure.

"I will not repeat myself," she hissed at her husband. "Now let go of me." she tried to free herself from his grip, but he wouldn't let go.