7. Eternal youth

Chapter seven

"Come on, Draco, it will be fun!" I tried to pull him out of his bed but it didn't seem to work.

"I have more interesting things to do than hanging out with scarhead and friends." he flipped the page of his book.

I was bored of sitting at the Manor with Draco all the time. Don't get me wrong, I was glad to be there, but I kind of missed my friends.

There were days when Draco and I simply had no clue how to spend our free time. On one of those days I decided to write to Hermione. She replied quickly, and we arranged a meeting, along with Ron and Harry. I wanted to take Draco as well but he was being a dick about it.

"Like reading the same book for the third time?" I raised my eyebrows, as Draco closed the book and grimaced.

"I don't like them, they don't like me. What are we supposed to do, chat and drink tea?" he scoffed, this time grabbing a different book from the pile next to his bed.

I immediately snatched it from his hand, earning a death glare in response.

"I honestly want to set you on fire right now," he hissed but I only chuckled.

"Stop being such a cunt and let's have a good time!" I threw myself on the bed next to him. "It's summer, and I'm bored of sitting at home most of the time."

"But do we need to go with them?" a heavy groan left his lips. "We could meet with Blaise and Pansy instead."

Sure, meeting with them was fun. We fooled around a lot or just talked and chilled, but they weren't my only friends. The Golden Trio, for example, were also my good friends, and so were the Weasleys.

Perhaps Draco wasn't on such good terms with them but there's nothing that can't be fixed. It was worth a shot.

"Too bad, it's already decided," I wrinkled my nose in a playful manner. "Besides, I miss them. We haven't seen each other since we left Hogwarts."

Draco didn't say a word. He began toying with his fingers, ignoring the things I was saying.

"Come on, Malfoy. I bet Potter would love to see you."

"Oh do you ever shut up about him?" he complained and crossed his arms on his chest, "Everyone just talks about the famous Harry Potter as if he's the only goddamn person in the whole fucking universe. This is ridiculous."

The relationship between Draco and Harry was complicated. They hated each other since the first year, for sure, but things seemed to change at this one party when we were in our fifth year.

Even though they acted as if they still despised one another, you could notice the chemistry between them. Draco would stare at Harry, thinking nobody would catch him. He tried to be discrete about it, but for his inconvenience, I did notice. Could swear even caught him smiling slightly a few times.

"I know that you like him, Draco. No matter how many times you call him a filthy Half-blood or a fool, or say how much you hate the stupid Potter-" I imitated his tone. "I see the way you look at him. And I think he has a thing for you as well."

Draco wouldn't talk about his feeling towards Potter no matter what happened. The world could be ending, the skies could be falling- but he would never admit how much he wanted Harry to feel the same way that he did.

"I know he doesn't like me," his jaw clenched, "He hates me, okay? And, I hate him as well."

"There is-"

"If you're going to say that there's just a fine line between love and hate, I am going to kill you with my bare hands," he threatened, knowing those would've been my exact words.