12. Long time no see

Chapter twelve

Song for this chapter -> These memories by Hollowcoves

My heart was beating like a drum, sending chills down my body and a weird knot formed in my stomach. My legs became jelly once again and the minute she left, I slid down to the floor with my back brushing against the wall.

Her words got stuck in my head and it seemed like they wouldn't leave so easily. I was smiling like a goddamn idiot, but I couldn't help it. Her kiss was as sweet as sugar– maybe even sweeter, yet the way she looked at me and held my hands against the cold surface made me feel things I hadn't felt before.

For now? Bloody hell

It was quite difficult to get back up on my feet, but I did it eventually and decided to finally clean my room just like I said earlier. I put the clothes from the armchair into the wardrobe, made the bed and opened the window since it was a bit hot inside.

I looked at the plant which was still standing on the dresser and surprisingly, it was alive. It even started growing new leaves, which made me smile at the fact I didn't kill it. Not yet, at least. I watered it a bit and went back to cleaning.

When I was done with my room, I went to the toilet and organized my hygiene and make-up products, and when it was all set, I looked around and smiled proudly at how aesthetically pleasing it turned out.

I peeked into the mirror and noticed my red cheeks. I touched them with my fingertips but quickly pulled my hands away since they were burning hot.

I decided to take a chilly shower and jumped into my pyjamas since it was nearly ten. I realised I skipped dinner, but I wasn't really hungry plus I knew if I saw Narcissa, I wouldn't be able to keep my thoughts silent. They were screaming at the very moment and if Lucius had found out what happened, I would have to look for myself six feet underground.

I looked for the last time on my reflection, then left my room and headed to Draco's bedroom. I knocked twice on the door and entered the room,
. I looked around and saw the balcony doors open where the music was coming from, which assured me Draco was already there.

"Hey, there," I smiled and saw him sitting on a black velvet blanket.

"Hey," he grinned back and I took a seat next to him. "You missed dinner. Is everything okay?" he looked at me, full of concern.

"I lost track of time while cleaning," I replied, hoping nervously he wouldn't ask more questions.

"Aren't you hungry? I can ask the elves to bring you something, 'cause we only have this." he took a bottle of red wine in his hand and smirked at me.

I looked at the bottle and recognised it was one of my favourite wines.

Summerlove, strawberry flavoured.

"We're all good then," I laughed, as he handed the wine glass to me.

He opened the bottle with a snap of his fingers and poured the wine into our glasses, which we clicked together next. I took a sip and relaxed my muscles, feeling the cool air brush against my sensitive skin. It wasn't freezing outside, but chilly enough so I could steal a jumper from Draco.

"Will I ever get it back?" he asked and handed me the white material, as he walked back onto the balcony. "You already took like three of my jumpers," he glanced at me, clearly annoyed while I pulled the material over my exposed skin.

"Yeah.. I'm not sure about it. They are comfy, plus they smell like you," I giggled like a kid and received a chuckle from Draco.

"Watch out or you might fall for me," he joked, knowing damn well it would never happen.