Author's Note/Outtake

A/N: Because this got a few notes on Tumblr...

"Papa?" she begins. "I... I want to know more about the Uchiha's..."

She does not request it, he notices, but she commands it. A trait, he realises, she must have inherited from him. Although she is more polite than he has ever been, a reflection of her mother, no doubt. But her insistence is more complicated than galaxies folding into each other, and he finds himself at a loss for words. Nor can he simply show the complications of the Uchiha through a genjutsu as he knows far too well how traumatic that experience is. And so, he decided, once Sakura has set foot outside the house, without a word, he sets pace to a place that would tell a story of its own.

He hears two pairs of feet stop behind him, and it is there he hears a small "oh" pass through Sarada's lips. He turns around to introduce Sarada to the gravestones that have been set for his father and mother. He stands beside Sakura as they observe their daughter pay her respects to her paternal grandparents.

"She often asked me to take her to visit the graves, but I never thought it was my place to do so," Sakura explained through a hushed whisper. "I hope that's okay, Sasuke-kun."

"No, it's fine," Sasuke assures her. Sarada picks herself up from her kneeling pose and rubs at her eyes beneath her glasses.

"Where's Uncle Itachi's grave, Papa?" she asks, gravely. 

A/N: A piece I  had written that didn't make the final version. I had written this for near the end of chapter 'Illuminate' but then decided not to add it in because I wanted Sasuke's moments with his family to be only happy moments before he departs with his family again after reuniting with them for the first time in years. 

I didn't add this piece in later either as I wasn't sure where to put it in, and also because then I would have had to explore Sasuke's many layers of deeper feelings regarding him mourning his family which would have probably taken like another 2000 words or something lol. Also, I really wanted to keep the last few chapters surrounding Sasuke's relationship with Sarada and how they slowly come to understand each other after so many long, distant years. 

Oh and also, I don't know where Sasuke goes to mourn Itachi, so I wouldn't be able to answer Sarada's question, lol. 

Catch me in my new Sakura-centred SasuSaku AU fanfic, called 'Evermore'!