Sunlight Pt.1

Tousled hair and blankets alike had been splayed across the bed. Sasuke woke to the morning sun tickling his left cheek with it's illuminated arms as it slipped in through the grand windows. He woke up to face a crinkled Uchiha crest emblazoned on a pink satin nightdress, peeking through wisps of rosy hair. As he sat up he noticed that the left strap of her nightdress had fallen away from her shoulder, until it touched the inside of her elbow, exposing her left breast. Sasuke felt blood rush towards his face, slightly tainting his cheeks, until he noticed that Sarada lay in between her mother's arms, sound asleep. The sight of his child snuggled close to her mother filled the rest of him with warmth - this was daylight. But a small pang of regret also stabbed him as he realised that Sakura had awoken to their baby's cries in the stillness of the night, and had sacrificed her sleep for their child as he had continued to catch up on the sleep he had missed whilst they were out on the road. A small grey cloud hung over him, and he managed to resist from kissing her white neck that was spying at him beneath the curtain of pink locks, allowing her to continue her journey in the land of dreams. He pulled himself out of bed and headed downstairs towards the kitchen. 

It was a strange thing to finally call a place home after so long. To be able to wake up to a family of his own, and know that they are safe as they lie under the same roof. To be able to reach into the cupboard and pull out coffee granules he had bought the night before and stir it for his wife. Wife. He had a wife. A home. A family. And a daughter. It was still so unbelievable, Sasuke had to activate his sharingan to confirm that he was indeed not stuck in a warped illusion of the infinite tsukoyumi that had once threatened the world from reaching true peace and salvation. It was thanks to him. Naruto. Sasuke wouldn't be standing here barefoot in a kitchen stirring a cup of coffee whilst waiting for the toast to pop up if it wasn't for the blonde fool. He was eternally grateful. 

Sasuke was still scraping strawberry marmalade on the last toast when he felt her toned arms snake around his waist, and the weight of her head come into contact with the back of his black top. He heard her soft sigh as it breathed life into him. He placed the knife on the counter and pried her hands away, and turned around to face her adoring green eyes shining back at him. Even in the morning, with her bedhead, she was as radiant as the sun. 

"Morning, Sasuke-kun," she said flirtatiously, smiling sweetly up at him. 

He looked towards the doorway and asked, "Where's Sarada?"

He felt her arms embrace him again as she rested her head on his clothed chest. "Relax," she replied, her voice muffled. "She's fast asleep. And I've got my chakra focused on our bedroom so I'll  know if there's any movements. Besides, I'm sure I'll hear her cries - she's so loud when she wants something." She laughed and pulled herself away from Sasuke so she could look up at him, her hands hidden behind her. "She's kind of like you - maybe not the loud part - but she knows how to get what she wants." 

His eyes narrowed, forming a faint crease to appear above his brows. "Go to bed."

"Huh? But I wanted to eat-"

"I'll bring it to you". 

She looked away, before meeting his gaze again meekly and deciding to speak her thoughts. "Sasuke... you're so cute when you try to be romantic."

"Tch." 

She giggled and padded away merrily out of the dining room and into the corridor, until Sasuke heard her footsteps recede. 

He balanced the two coffee cups on a white tray, alongside the four pieces of crusted toast, two plain and two smeared with thick layers of red blobs, complete with a bowl of red grapes and two yogurt pots.