Kindle Pt.2

A/N: Thank you to all the votes! It's so heartwarming to know that there are people out there who are enjoying my work.

Yarrow

The moon hung high in the sky, clouds passing through sporadically with no care in the world. The silver glow of moonlight dispersed throughout the field, and Sasuke could still make out the white delicate blooms of yarrow flowers. The white caught his eye, and he was reminded of a May two years prior: it was a cool afternoon when he arrived at Sakura's home. Her bedroom window had been left open as per usual and he had snuck into her single bed. The house was empty, and so he took it upon himself to rest beneath her covers. He wasn't sure how much time had passed when she came eventually arrived home, but she woke him up with a surprised, "Oh! Welcome home, Sasuke-kun."

He sleepily answered back, "I'm home, Sakura."

His eyes drooped lazily as he tried to focus his eyes on his beloved wife. He heard a soft chuckle and then a, "I'll let you rest, Sasuke-kun."

"No," he rasped out. "Come here," he demanded. He scooted over to the left and made some space and patted over the blanket.

He blinked a few times, attempting to chase the sleep away. When his vision finally focused, he could clearly make out a pink enchantress dressed in a tan top and white jeggings whose bottom lips were being chewed as she approached him with a light blush. She eventually made her way to him and lied down beside him. He brought his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. His hand then snaked upwards until it was resting on the back of her head, and he brought their foreheads together. He closed his eyes again when he heard a hushed, "Sasuke, we can't sleep. I'll need to leave in a few hours again and pick Sarada up from Choji's."

He opened his eyes and stared at the beauty that lay before him. He traced her cheek lightly with his thumb and heard her breath hitch. He paused and wondered if she knew what he was thinking this very moment. You're beautiful. His intense stare was matched with a brighter shade of blush and he pecked her lips before abruptly turning away and kicking the covers of himself. She gasped when he saw the secret which he had just exposed.

"S-Sasuke-kun... Y-you're n-naked!" She stammered.

"Hn," was his only reply.

He turned back towards her and tugged at the loose sleeves of her elbow.

"Darling? What are you d-doing?" she asked timidly.

He continued tugging, but when the enchantress didn't grant him his wish, he grunted, "Off."

Her eyes went wide for a split second, and then her mouth roared into a laughter. "You're so cute!" she squealed. "Aw, Sasuke. Can we just cuddle?"

"No."

He realised the selfishness of his own desires and then took his monosyllabic statement back. His gaze flickered to her foot stroking his leg and then back up to her. "I mean, if you don't want to, then, I can't make you..." he shyly admitted with a light blush.

She giggled again and then brushed the tip of his nose with a kiss. She sat up and proceeded to undress. He looked at her with a quizzical brow. She sat in front of him and pinched his left cheek. "I just wanted to see how you'd react," she admitted. "You really are cute, darling."

He shoved her back down onto the bed in irritation. His jaw was set firmly as he glared down at her with his mismatched eyes. "Stop laughing at me, Sakura. Or you'll regret it," he threatened into her left ear, voice dripping with seduction.