Spring

Sasuke kept his steady eyes on Naruto's face. Watched as the gentleness of the sunlight caressed his tanned cheeks. Naruto's eyes flickered towards his own, and Sasuke glanced away, turning his face to the sky, the deep blue calming the beating of his heart. The colour of the sky almost resembled the unwavering blue eyes of his partner in saving the world... Even his eyes spoke a song of daylight...

*...It's golden, like daylight...*

...in comparison to his own mismatched eyes; one a pool of jet black ink, the other a vortex of purple pain.

Sasuke was lost in thought, re-evaluating everything he has ever done. Everything he has ever thought. The Uchiha clan. Itachi. Konoha. He thought of the love he lost, the despair he felt for almost twenty long years. 

*.....I've been sleeping so long in a twenty-year dark night...*

His thoughts were disturbed by the mumbling of his idiotic friend. His presence, one which only ever irritated Sasuke, now only shone light over his once darkened heart. Sasuke smiled. 

He knew in the recesses of his mind that his sun-kissed friend's ambitions and goals were now his own; Naruto's dreams were his. He wanted to support Naruto, wanted to support the daylight, through the shadows by casting out any undesirable being threatening Naruto's dreams. The beings that lurked in the depths of darkness. As he had once been. 

The pain in what remained of his left arm had started to numb. Maybe even his body would too heal on its own... 

"You fool!" Naruto barked.

Sasuke snapped his head towards the voice. 

"Don't forget how you got in that state-"

"You're one to talk", Sasuke retorted back. 

"That's not what I mean!" Naruto explained. "You can bask in the sunlight now because of our bond. Just like your mind and heart needed some helping hand in punching the daylights out of you, your body too needs assistance to heal!" 

Their final battle had eradicated all barriers between them, allowing their chakra to be infused with each other, where now even their own thoughts could be read by a mere look. 

Sasuke's eyes widened at Naruto's reproach.

Once again, Naruto bested him. 

They needed a healer...

He needed a healer. 

The familiar chakra signatures which he sensed confirmed his suspicions as to what Naruto was referring to. 

Soon enough, he saw tufts of pink and silver hair peeking through the trees atop the hill.

The once numbness that he savoured, turned into anxiety. All the times he had hurt her came flowing back to him like fragments of wood splintering after being sliced by a chidori

Sooner or later he would have to face her.

Her...

Her soft hands glowing green with chakra worked at both of her male comrade's remains of their arms. 

Why did her presence now make his heart flutter? 

He could only muster an apology. Heartfelt as it was, he knew  it wasn't enough. He would need to make it up to her for the rest of their lives. Whether that was with his absence or presence he was not sure yet. 

But he also managed to acknowledge then, that she too was part of his new light. Her pink hair were flowers dancing in the wind. Her emerald green eyes were a field of  freshly cut blades of grass. She too was his new daylight. She was Spring. 

A/N: Please comment below your thoughts! 

I thought it was important to first portray the importance of Naruto's bond with Sasuke during the first two short chapters. As the story develops, so does his bond with Sakura.