Cosmos Pt.2

A/N: I have finally reached 10K reads! Thank you to those who have been reading, and to those who have been showing support through voting and leaving comments! It really keeps me motivated. 

Having to analyse Sasuke's character in Boruto episodes actually has me grateful that it barely shows him lol. 

The world was alight with a red canvas painting the sky; the strokes of the morning sun reached far across the lands until nothing could escape it's blessing of a new day. A raven haired man stood in the wilderness, looking up as the pink clouds kissed the blue sky, and he shared his own secret smile with the intimate gesture he had just witnessed between the clouds and the sky. The clouds would drift seamlessly, and alternate it's colours based on whatever it passed, and the sky too would alternate in a similar fashion - they orchestrated the same play, and although they were of different parts of the cosmos, it was hard to imagine one without the other. They were parts of each other, and so would work accordingly so. And just like the clouds and the sky, Sasuke would drift from one place to another, alternating his colours, but the sky would remain a constant, and he knew it - she - would be there when he returned. 

Peace was disrupted by the complaints of his new student - Boruto was his name. Like Sarada, his father's genes were the stronger of the two, but if you inspected closely, you would find that Boruto had a few of Hinata's features, such as her face shape. Listening to Boruto speak of his father like he did had Sasuke reflecting on his own relationship with  his daughter - how much did she still resent him? Would there ever be a time when she would truly forgive him? Was he even deserving of her forgiveness? He resigned to his feelings and concluded that there was not much he deserved, but fate had given him a second chance at life: a friend, a lover, and a daughter. He would make the most of it, in whatever way he could, that was of a certainty - and so when Sarada would attempt to seek him out to inherit the Uchiha techniques, he would make his presence known to her, making her think that she had found him on her own. It was reminiscent of when Sasuke would play hide and seek with a younger Sarada, allowing her to find him, but also allowing her to revel in her glory of finding him with her own skills. But so much of Sasuke's time was split between training and lecturing Boruto, and deciphering scrolls with Naruto and sharing intel with the other Kages, that by the time he ventured home, it would be way past into the night, where only the stars were awake to greet him home. 

He would drift into the bedroom like a shadow in the night, and attempt to lurk soundlessly under the sheets, but without fail, Sakura would always stir and kiss some part of his body or another, almost as if it was a silent "Welcome home". He would try to lull her back to sleep with a forehead poke, or a kiss of his own, but she would fight it, and they would either speak their minds or with the intertwining of their bodies. And it was one way or another that he had found out that Sarada had passed the first two rounds of her chunin exams. It was most creative the way Sasuke showed his gratitude towards Sakura for her parental skills - falling deep into each other's lusts causing scratch marks to surface upon hardened skins and pleasurable noises to fall out of lips

He would leave before the sun rose. His goodbyes would often be felt with a knuckle stroking her bruised lips that he had assaulted hours prior. 

***

"Boruto doesn't regard you very highly," Sasuke once informed the poor man who was known to the world as the heroic Seventh Hokage, but to himself and his wife as the foolish best friend who made miracles happen. 

Naruto grunted in agreement through his stacks of paperwork that sat before him on his desk. "But he's taken a liking to you, I see," the blonde dork chuckled, his eyebags ageing him years exceeding their former sensei. Sasuke could almost hear beyond the unobtrusive remark and understand the unspoken question: Does my relationship with my child scare you about your relationship with yours?