Sunset Pt.1

A/N: I edited the chapter 'Twilight' making Naruto's honeymoon 3 months long so that the child was conceived in June. 

In this chapter I make reference to Taylor Swift's song 'August'; check out her new album 'folklore'.

Sasuke woke up to his wife's barefoot feet padding against the marble flooring of the room as she tiptoed to the shower, light on her feet, not meaning to wake him. But he awoke anyway, and trailed after her. The droplets of water that was clinging from her wisps of hair assisted in covering her scarlet face like tassels. The teardrops of warm water that slid along their two bodies washed away her feelings of fluster and eased her as he held her against him. He whispered into her ear, "Sakura, I'm sorry". She massaged the stump of his left arm, kneading it softly with tips of her slim fingers and asked, "What for? You didn't run off or tell me to go like before." Her tone was sardonic, there was a hint of playfulness as he realised she was teasing him. He frowned at her comment, even if it was a lighthearted joke, and used his index finger to raise her face towards his.

"I know that's not the wedding you wanted. I'm sorry you couldn't have your dream wedding." His voice was low as he exposed his concerns.

She met his mismatched eyes with her emerald ones, studying his tender face. She chuckled before replying, "Oh Sasuke. I've only ever dreamed to be by your side. So thank you. It was perfect." He melted under her words and a flush of red crept up his neck. He demonstrated what she meant to him under a waterfall of heaven.

Afterwards, they had eaten morsels of the feast from  what was left of the night before, heating it up in the microwave that sat at the corner of the table top. They sat cross-legged on the purple cushions seated on the floor, and Sasuke feasted on the remaining rice balls whilst Sakura dipped hers in curry. There was a peaceful silence that fell over them, and Sasuke prayed that the rest of his days would be like this, filled with harmony and simplicity. He was still chewing a mouthful of food when he turned towards her voice. 

"Sasuke-kun?" She outstretched her right hand towards him, fingers placed skilfully around two wooden sticks that was balancing a tomato dressed in brown fluid within its grasp. Watching her was like watching the sunset: she was always filled with warmth. His lips parted, and she deftly allowed the chopsticks to release its red prisoner into his mouth, the juice squeezing out as the walls of his mouth closed around it. He attempted to return the favour, but as her dainty lips parted, he thought of how satisfying it would be to feel her lips against his.....and the ball of rice fell on her white bathrobe, earning a soft giggle to sputter out of the lips he loved so much. She kissed him lightly on the cheek to soothe his embarrassment. 

They walked hand in hand towards the store he had bought his wedding suit from and requested outfits for his wife with the Uchiha crest to be woven at the back on each of them. She pursed her lips at him in disappointment, but her eyes gleamed knowingly when he rejected her kiss in front of the spectators with a poke on her forehead. They were to pick up the outfits that evening and so spent the rest of the day enjoining in each other's company, spending the first day as a married couple at a festival they were recommended to just outside the town. 

Unlit pink, blue and orange lanterns decorated the sky, held by thin pieces of grey wires attached to the buildings. They garbed themselves in kimonos, pink and sky blue respectively. Both their kimonos were covered in patches of white feather designs. Her hair was neatly tied into a bun with chopsticks, and only a few loose strands of her hair framed her face. Her left slender arm slid through his as they checked out the stalls. Sasuke watched as she giddily ran up to a man sat beside a hammer game. With her enormous strength that never failed to impress Sasuke, she picked up the hammer, raised it over her head, and then brought it back down so that the mallet came into full force with the lever, causing it to rise faster than a sonic boom, and break the bell on top, and wink into the sky. Sasuke watched in amusement as she argued and negotiated with the man until he accepted that her prize be bags of cash rather than the displays of soft toys that were pinned up behind him. She treated herself to some dango glazed in a deep brown mitarashi sauce and offered Sasuke a bite.