Dusk Pt.2

The next four days passed with sweet bliss, counting down the days until Naruto's return so they could make their awaited departure as a couple. They continued to watch the sunset together in different places in and around of Konoha, wherever they could in solitude - away from the prying crowds who sought to know more about their evolving relationship. On the fourth evening, sat atop the Second Hokage's stone head, with their heads resting alongside each other, Sasuke finally found the confidence to address what had been twisting and turning inside his mind like Naruto's threads of chakra as he formed a rasengan

"Sakura", his voice melted her heart as usual, like dark chocolate which had been left in the sun for too long. "I think we should visit your parents. Together." The evening sky's light that shone upon his face camouflaged his blushes. 

The suggestion surprised her. "Really? Are you sure, Sasuke-kun?" She had understood and respected that he wanted to keep things slow-paced and private, although she herself would be more than happy to announce to the world that she had finally won over the heart of the love of her life. 

Her considerations for him softened his heart and his face as he looked down upon her. "I want to reassure them." 

She looked up at him cheekily, an eyebrow raised and a cheek pushed to the side. "About what?" 

His lips formed a wolfish smile that he reserved only for her, and his purple ripple-patterned eye bore into her as if he  was looking directly into her pure soul. "That their son-in-law  is taking care of their beloved daughter." She burrowed her face into her hands, hiding her reddened face. 

"I still can't believe he said that", she spoke into her hands, her voice muffled. "My Father is so embarrassing and annoying." His laugh lifted her face up from beneath her hands. His laughter was as free as the soft wind that blew into his face, causing his black hair to sway. 

They had made their arrangements. They would have dinner with her parents the next evening. Lying in their bed, he held her close so that she slept with her head resting underneath his. He took his time to kiss as many strands of her hair as he could before he drifted off to sleep... He wanted this moment of pure happiness to last forever. 

***

Sasuke had insisted he buy her parents flowers, and Sakura had agreed to meet him a block away from her parent's house. She had warned him that her mother was quite conservative, and that her father was as boisterous as Naruto, if not more. What she had neglected to warn him, however, was Ino's prying questions and irritating flirtatious gestures at her flower store.

The blonde female shook her head slightly so that her long locks fell across her waist as she peered over him from the counter. 

"You know if you're going to gift me flowers, you don't need to be so shy about it." She fluttered her blonde eyelashes at him as he peered over the vast amount of flowers seated in pots. He ignored her remarks and studied the cherry blossoms, and wished that he hadn't suggested to be so noble. 

She pursed her lips, her lipgloss complimenting the shape of her dainty lips. "I'm only teasing! Lighten up. You should know I'm engaged to Sai, anyway." She lifted her left hand up and allowed the light to reflect a thousand colours of the clear stone of her engagement ring. For the first time since entering the shop, Sasuke cast his eyes towards his lover's female best friend. 

"So, are the flowers for Sakura? Are you finally asking her out?" She smirked, waiting for a response.

Sasuke relented. He had no knowledge of flowers apart from that cherry blossoms made his heart flutter. He would have to give in to the florist's expertise. He gulped and murmured, "No... It's for her parents.."