Sunset Pt.2

The rest of the night consisted of Sasuke teleporting to Kaguya's desert, screaming his wife's name. By the time he got there, his chakra had depleted, meaning Sasuke would have to wait out the night of a different sky, his mind clouded with anxiety and anger, simultaneously. His dreams were filled with a touch that haunted him; the soft chime of a voice calling out his name begging him not to leave; his lightning blade tearing through the chest of a man - a blink - and his lightning blade had torn open the heart of his impregnated wife. He woke to the sun of another world with a scream. He felt damp beneath his black clothes as the scorching sun bore down on him, willing for him to leave. The power in his eyes had replenished and he set foot into the portal, whisking him back into a jungle of trees. He followed traces of broken twigs and branches that suggested either a fight had broken out, or someone had been dragged by force... or both. But alas, the trail ended as the trees thinned around him. Sasuke fell to his knees and pounded the ground with his fists, cursing his ill luck. His cursed fate. Tears dropped from his face and the the heavens wept with him until he no longer knew where his sorrows had marked the ground beneath him.

He found his feet taking him to the one place he knew he could get answers. He was barely within metres of the hideout entrance when his former subordinate came rushing out to greet him, red hair sticking to her face as the rain drenched her. "It's really you," her tone was bitter, masking her surprise.

"Karin." He had regained his stoic expression.

"Where's your girlfriend? I can't sense her chakra. I swear Sasuke, if you rejected her I would NEVER forgive you! You know she's pregnant, and I've already helped her to find you TWICE-"

"Come with me."

Her jaw dropped and the frame of her red glasses reflected on her skin beneath. "WHAAT?! I'm not your rebound! If you think I would just abandon everything just to come with you, you're hugely mistaken! Sasu-ke!" She was seething at this point, pointing a long fingernail at Sasuke.

"My wife has been kidnapped. I need your help Karin," he said, continuing to conceal his urgency with a coolness in his tone.

Karin flattened her shirt, pulling herself together. "O-oh. I knew that. Of course... Wait, wife?! So you're still not a heartless bastard after all, hmph."

Sasuke turned so his back was facing towards the sensory Uzumaki. "Show me the way."

They travelled for the rest of the night until they found his wife collapsed, her breathing faint, in a hollow cave; a bed of rubble sat at the entrance. The Uchiha and Uzumaki clambered over the rubble and Karin worked her chakra, breathing life into the pinkette. Sasuke noticed that his wife's knuckles were bruised and bloodied. He held his breath as she ever so slowly peeled her eyes open. "S-Sasuke?" She asked, her voice sounding distant. She tried to raise her head but winced in pain.

"I'm here, Sakura." Sasuke held both her hands in his. "Don't move, just bite onto Karin."

Sakura's eyes remained closed but her breathing had become regular. However, the other female was not in any hurry to offer her arm to his pregnant wife. He shot a look full of animosity towards the redhead, and she reluctantly rolled up her sleeves and let Sakura bite her. With her free hand, she pushed up her glasses. "I'm only doing this because there's an innocent life involved," Karin spat bitterly. "And because she saved me... from you. I still haven't forgiven you for that, you know."

"I'm sorry about that. And thank you," he said, void of expression. Sasuke wasn't looking at Karin when she flushed a deep red, as red as her hair. He only had eyes for his wife as she regained her chakra back. Sakura sat up and looked at Karin. "Oh thank you, Karin. I'm indebted to you."