Chapter Nineteen- I'm In Love With Your Sister!

Me too...

Cass was greeted by the sounds of hysterical laughter as soon as she got back to Elliot's

Cass was greeted by the sounds of hysterical laughter as soon as she got back to Elliot's. She could hear his laughter from the living room even before she had opened the door. It was surprising to see Elliot like his, he was usually rather shy. But it was more surprising to hear Luther laughing along with him. Cass didn't think she had ever heard Luther laugh.

"You're so weird!" she heard Luther laugh. Those words made her flinch even though Luther was laughing.

"Well you're an alien from the future who looks like an ape!" Elliot laughed right back. For a moment, Luther stopped laughing. Then he roared louder than ever.

"And you know what else?" Luther said between laughs, "The woman I love, loves another man!"

"My wife left me for my best friend on our tenth anniversary," Elliot admitted, also, strangely enough, laughing, "And I'm in love with your sister!"

Cass stopped just outside the living room doors. They must not have heard her. Elliot was in love with her? He hadn't spent that much time around Vanya and Cass didn't think he'd even met Allison. Which meant...

"Me too," Luther said. He had stopped laughing.

"What?" Elliot was frowning. Now Cass knew Luther definitely wasn't talking about her. But Elliot? In love? With her? No! Right? No. Maybe.

Cass shook her head. She walked silently back through the house to the front door, opened it and shut it loud enough for them to hear this time.

"Why are you still up?" she asked, sounding sterner than she had meant to. Elliot and Luther looked at each other, sharing a guilty look. No one said a word for a while. Cass took a deep breath. She had only just realised how Elliot was looking at her. And it made her feel guilty too.

"Clean yourselves up," Cass said softly. There were a lot of empty beer bottles on the coffee table, "And get some sleep. I can't deal with this right now," Cass said, looking at the bottles so they would think she meant she couldn't deal with cleaning up. She hoped Elliot wouldn't look at her like that again. With those wide and vulnerable eyes. Like she was the only person in the world he wanted to look at. She didn't want to deal with that until she knew how she felt back.

"This the one you're in love with?" Luther whispered to Elliot while Cass' back was turned.

"Yeah," Elliot sighed dreamily.

"Told you," Five's voice sounded from the front door.

Cass looked straight at him as he casually sauntered in, kicking the door shut behind him. Cass said nothing. She could feel everyone's eyes on her. And it was all too much.

"I need to take a walk," she announced coldly and walked past Five like he wasn't even there. She couldn't deal with any of this. But there was something she could deal with. Cass knew getting something in control would help calm her down, would help ground her, and getting her feelings organised was something she couldn't handle right now. So she left.