Chapter Six- Some Guy In A Suit

You sure it wasn't a little boy? And the suit was a uniform?

After a lot of long nights of searching, Cass finally managed to track down Luther's location

After a lot of long nights of searching, Cass finally managed to track down Luther's location. She had been fueled up on coffee and had so much extra caffeine in her system that she may or may not have accidentally flipped over a table in her excitement at finding another of her siblings. Elliot managed to convince her to go and talk to Luther another day, preferably a day where she had consumed less than 18 cups of coffee at breakfast alone. Cass saw the logic in Elliot's argument and agreed to go visit Luther the next day. After a night's sleep and no coffee, Cass felt fairly confident in her ability to not come off as crazy, although she did feel a little drowsy, even after sleeping through until 2pm.

While it had been hard to get an exact location for Luther's whereabouts, she had heard from Elliot who had heard from someone else that Luther had often been seen around Jack Ruby, who owned a bar that was only a couple of blocks away from where Cass had been staying. So that was where she was sure to find Luther! At least she wouldn't have to fly to India to meet him, unlike with Klaus. He always did have to be extra. But she loved it.

The club opened at 9, and as soon as it's doors opened, Cass was there. Along with a whole long line of drowsy, already drunk men, who hollered mostly incoherent rambling at her but the parts that she could make out made her want to beat them all up there and then. And thanks to her father's unorthodox parenting, she knew exactly how to. But she wanted to find Luther without being chucked out, so she bit her tongue and pretended not to hear them.

The queue outside the door began to shrink as people started to be let inside. Cass walked patiently down the line until it was her turn to go in, ignoring all the calls from the men in line behind her and fighting the urge not to fight them. She couldn't imagine living in the 60s for longer than necessary. But now she had the utmost respect for everyone who had no choice to just time travel away. Those ladies deserved it.

Since Cass had arrived early, the club was almost entirely empty, except for a booth in the back where Jack Ruby and his minions were seated. Amongst them sat her brother. It was hard to miss him, Luther towered over them but still managed to look the least tough out of all of them.

Cass couldn't help but smile as she caught his eye. He, on the other hand, immediately looked away from her and stared at the floor.

Cass frowned. Did he not want her here?

Cass sighed, stood up a little straighter, and walked over there as confidently as she could, hoping she would somehow excuse confidence and none of the scary looking men would holler at her like the drunks outside did. It was one thing to be catcalled by a twig of a man who she knew for a fact she would be able to break between two of her fingers. But it was another thing entirely to be harassed by a mob boss.

"Luther," Cass said firmly, sounding happier than she had meant it to come out, causing the guys around him to snigger and look her up and down, "Um," she faltered as everyone but Luther stared at her, that wasn't the outcome she had hoped for, "Can we talk...just the two of us?"