Chapter Eleven- Threaten Him With A Gun

What Was I Supposed To Have Done?

For someone who had been doing a pretty good job of controlling her visions in 2019, in 1963, Cass was a mess

For someone who had been doing a pretty good job of controlling her visions in 2019, in 1963, Cass was a mess. The thought of having another vision of death terrified her. Especially knowing that she would have to fight in order to get anyone to believe her. And by then it would probably be too late...

When her vision hit her, Cass was powerless to stop it.

It appeared out of nowhere and hit her like a truck. One minute she was in Elliot's kitchen making a pot of coffee before Five went out to talk to Luther and the next she was trapped in her own mind, consumed by a vision. The vision had simply started playing out in her head as if someone had stuck a USB stick straight into her brain and pressed play.

It was fuzzier than the vision she was used to. Back before they had time travelled to the 60s, Cass's visions were like a recording of real life. Even the visions she had had of the end of the world back when she'd first arrived in the past were almost crystal clear. But this one was more like her visions had been when she was still taking the medication Dad had given her...

Everything was a little hazy and Cass had to squint to make anything out in detail. Everything looked as if she had been draped in a white sheet and she had to look through the material, tinting everything in a white haze. But through the uncertainty of it all, she could make out something familiar. Something...dangerous.

"Shit!" Cass exclaimed as she was sucked back into the real world. The rapidity of the vision had caught Cass off guard and she had dropped the pot of coffee. Elliot jumped when it smashed but Cass didn't so much as stir, "The Milkmen," she whispered gravely as if she would somehow summon them if she said their name too loudly.

"What?" Five asked without so much as a glance at the shroud of broken glass around Cass' feet. He knew there were more important stakes here. He knew the drill when it came to her visions. Elliot on the other hand, did not, and stood around awkwardly loitering at the edge of the conversation, mumbling about being careful of the glass.

"The milkmen!" Cass exclaimed, screwing her face up as if it should have been obvious from the beginning what it all meant, "I've got to go, it's an emergency!" Cass shouted over her shoulder, shifting the glass off her feet and darting towards the door.

"You know it'd be quicker if I teleported," Five pointed out calmly, sounding only slightly annoyed that he had been overlooked, "You know I can teleport, right?"

"I do know," Cass added rather matter of factly as she doubled back towards the kitchen, "Do you remember what happened last time you tried that? I'd rather not do that again," she said, pausing to give Five a look and to snatch Elliot's car keys off the kitchen counter, "Elliot I need to borrow your car!"

Elliot looked up when he heard his name but Cass had left, rushing out the door long before Elliot had a chance to speak. He was crouching on the floor, sweeping up the broken glass with a dustpan and brush.