Chapter Twelve- You're A Robot?

They're cousins on my robot mother's side

"Elliot," Five announced, springing up out of nowhere as Cass and Elliot were sat opposite each other in the sitting room

"Elliot," Five announced, springing up out of nowhere as Cass and Elliot were sat opposite each other in the sitting room. Elliot nearly fell off his chair but Cass was well adjusted to Five popping up in random places, "Those camera's of yours," Five continued, disregarding Elliot's shock entirely, "You develop the images yourself?"

"I, er, no," Elliot mumbled, sounding a little embarrassed, "I take them to..." he trailed off, looking at Cass as if he were looking for help as Five stared him down. Five did have a way of looking intimidating, "To the shop..."

"Can you develop this for me?" Five asked, reaching into his pocket and puling out an undeveloped reel of footage. He grabbed a pen and hastily scribbled across the label before handing it over to Elliot. Cass raised an eyebrow and Five did everything in his power not to look at her.

"Yeah, I can get this developed," Elliot nodded, slipping the reel into his own pocket.

"When can you get it done by?" Five asked impatiently.

"If I go down today I could get it by tomorrow?" Elliot proposed, taking his time to think about it.

"Excellent," Five said, clapping his hands and staring at Elliot until he put two and two together awkwardly left the room to get his coat.

"What was that all about?" Cass asked, arching her eyebrow. She wasn't sure why but seeing that reel of footage brought back a very strong sense of deja vu. But she was positive she had never seen it before. That meant Five was definitely up to something.

Five shot her a look, went to open his mouth, but shut it again when Elliot came back into the room.

"Frankel footage?" Elliot said, reading out the part of the label that Five had left un-scribbled, "Friends of yours?"

"Cousins," Five lied, "On my robot mother's side," he added just to wind Elliot up and bask in his confusion. Elliot frowned and looked at Cass.

"You're," he stammered, "You're a robot?"

Cass laughed.

"He means his grandmother."

Five groaned.

"And that's my cue to leave," Five grumbled.

"Where are you going?" Cass called before he had time to teleport away. He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around with a grumpy look on his face.

"Tack down Diego," he said simply, "He's a hazard if he's not supervised."

Cass raised her eyebrows.

"Don't say anything," Five said, turned round to face her and pointed a stern finger right at her.

"I wasn't going to," she lied and tried to look nonchalant. It didn't work.