Chapter Twenty Two- Why Are You Covered In Blood?

Where's Cass?

"Oh my god," Cass breathed

"Oh my god," Cass breathed. Her words barely formed and every hot breath caught in her throat, "Elliot..." her voice wavered and everything around her became hazy but not in the same way as her visions. She knew this was real and she couldn't take it. Her mind just couldn't take it.

"Elliot!" Cass sobbed and fell to the floor. Her knees were weak and her whole body felt exhausted. Her shoulders shuddered as hot tears spilled down her cheeks.

Elliot was dead. That's the only way Cass wanted to describe it. He was dead, lying face down, strapped to a chair, impaled with knives and bleeding from multiple stab wounds, but very, grotesquely dead. He didn't even look much like Elliot anymore. No wonder it didn't register as him in her vision.

Cass held out a shaky hand and cupped the side of his head. It lolled into her hand and rested seemingly peacefully, still against her palm. His eyes were wide open. A gasp stuck in Cass' throat as she blinked away tears so she could look at him. His eyes were bloodshot and vacant, the skin around his eyes and cheeks were bloody and bruised. The ghost of a scream still lingered on his lips. Cass let her tears blur her sight.

"No..." she whispered, sniffling. She smeared her tears away with one hand and rubbed circles with her thumb against Elliot's cheek with the other, "No."

"Cass..." Diego breathed, not knowing what to say, "Cass, I'm..."

Cass sniffled, leaning her head forward to rest against Elliot's forehead.

"Cass," Diego said tentatively, crouching down next to her to see if she'd heard. She didn't move as he draped an arm across her shoulders, "Do you want to...move him?" Diego asked. It wasn't doing anyone any good seeing Elliot's mutilated body in their sitting room, least of all Cass.

"No," she sniffled. Diego sighed and nodded, thinking she had answered his question but she ignored him, "No," she sniffed, her breath shaking and eyes clouded with tears, "No, no."

Diego looked up at Luther, his eyes slightly furrowed, asking what they should do without having to say anything that would upset Cass. Luther just shrugged.

"No, no, no," Cass cried, her voice breaking, "No," she fell back onto the floor, her legs weak and head light as she cried and screamed and let her voice hurt and her hoarse throat sting. She didn't want this.

"Cass, maybe you should-"

"No," Cass shrugged off Diego's arm as he'd reached out to her, trying to get her to move, "No, no," she squeezed her eyes shut and flinched away every time Diego tried to help her up, "Stop it, I don't want this."

"Cass you need to get up," Diego said, his voice soft but firm, "This isn't good for you. Go lie down and well take care of him."

"No, I don't want this," Cass shook her head repeatedly as Diego held her by the elbows, trying to get her to look at him, "I don't want this. I don't want this."