Chapter Sixteen- Stop Acting Like A Child

And I'll stop pretending you are one

After spending most of the day driving, Cass, Five and Vanya arrived at the fighting club where Luther worked

After spending most of the day driving, Cass, Five and Vanya arrived at the fighting club where Luther worked. He was working that night, as Cass managed to tell them, so they snuck in and watched from the stands, waiting for an opportunity to talk to their brother about the forthcoming apocalypse. If their brother wasn't built like a gigantic ape, they would have sounded crazy.

From beside her, Cass could feel Vanya flinch at every punch that was thrown. She hesitated, momentarily wondering where she had picked that up from. The assassins at the field hadn't punched... Where had she been staying? And with who? Cass should have found her sooner.

Cass reached to find Vanya's hand and rested hers on top of Vanya's. She flinched slightly at the touch but relaxed and looked up at Cass. Cass flashed her a look to ask 'are you okay?' and Vanya flashed back a half smile, the corners of her mouth twitching in response. Cass let her hand linger to let her know everything was going to be okay now she had her family back.

"What's he doing?" Vanya asked, frowning and looking into the boxing ring.

Luther was standing, fists barely raised, in front of the toughest, scariest looking man Cass had seen in her entire life. And he was being beaten senseless. Luther didn't even step back, let alone defend himself.

"He's getting pummelled," Vanya said, a tone to her voice that almost begged Luther to run.

"Hit me again," Cass heard Luther mumble. His opponent looked almost as confused as the crowd who had never seen Luther lose a fight. But his opponent wasn't going to pass up an easy win.

"The hell are you doing?" a man that Cass recognised as Luther's boss screamed from the crowd. But still Luther didn't move.

His opponent reached forward and grabbed him by the face and threw him to the floor. Luther crumbled down, smacking his head against the board separating the ring from the box. He was right in front of Cass, Vanya and Five.

"Come on, Luther," Cass whispered to herself as she watched as he was pulled back to his feet and immediately sent falling back down by a punch to the stomach.

"Why isn't he fighting back?" Five asked, sounding almost frustrated. Part of Cass knew that if Five was in Luther's position, the opponent would be begging for mercy.

Luther scrambled to his feet, looking like he could barely stand. He looked his opponent straight in the eye and perfectly calmly said: "Hit me again."

The crowd jeered as Luther was punched straight in the face.

"Again!" Luther roared, "Hit me again!"

"Luther! Are you crazy?" Five shouted, peering his head around the divider and into the ring, "Just hit him back!"

"Hit me," Luther pleaded, "I want to feel pain. I want to feel..."