water

Lily's pov
I was down by the water with a cigarette in my hand, i blew out the smoke and tapped it on the rocks that I was sitting on. I should have seen in between the lines, they way she would avoid my calls or texts, or when she would come home late smelling like another person. This is why I don't date. Tears ran down my face as I kept looking at the water.

I buried my face into my knees. Soon I felt the presence of another person next to me. I don't think many people know about this spot but I guess some do.

"you okay?" The person asked I recognized her voice. She was the friend of my ex,Cynthia, I've always found her pretty just never made a move because I didn't know if she was into girls at all.

"yeah I guess, I mean if you count getting cheated on by someone who swore she was different then yeah I'm great" I sighed and leaned my head in her shoulder.

"oh I guess you and eva broke up I guess." She said rubbing her hand on the small of my back. I nodded and continued looking at the water.

"I know this isn't the time to say this,but I really like you Lily. I always have and when you got together with Eva I pretend to be happy when I wasn't. I wanted you to myself and wanted you to be in my arms. You don't have to say anything I just need to get that off my chest." Cynthia confessed and kissed the top of my head.

"I like you too Cynthia I date Eva because I didn't know if you like ltd me back. I don't want to take things slow if that's okay with you" I said and looked back up to her.

"yeah it's fine take all the time you need" She said placing a kiss on my forehead and resting her head on mine.

I looked back at the water and felt her wrap her arms around me. This is what i've always wanted.