The Danger Begins - Pt 1 (1)

Gooch sat behind the counter, slurping his drink down and staring off into space as I swept the floor of the shop. Junk-N-Stuff was constantly dirty due to the number of people walking in and out of the place. Although it was a Junk-shop, it rapidly needed to be cleaned; it was a hassle.

Groaning, I looked up at the foreign man, "Gooch, can you please stop slurping so loudly?"

With narrowed eyes, he shook his head no and looked into the distance. Shrugging off the weird interaction, I went back to my shop duties, until the bell rang, and the door opened. I looked up to see a blonde-haired kid, around my age, with a flannel, and baggy jeans on. I would be lying if I said he was anything short of cute, but, curious, why was he in a junk shop? It was obvious he could afford nice things.

"What are you looking at?" Grumbled a man.

"Uh, nothing. Just this turtle's butt," he stopped, "Sorry."

Polite and cute? I watched as the boy studied Gooch's strange movements. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when Gooch let Omar, his mutated plant, drink from his straw.

The boy cleared his throat. "My name is Henry Hart," he glanced over at me, "I'm here about the job?"

"The job?" Gooch dragged.

Omar burped.

"Um, did that plant burp?" He questioned.

"Go back," Gooch said ominously.

"Come back?"

"Go, back," Gooch emphasized.

"Where?" Henry asked.

"To the back," I chimed in.

Henry glanced at me again, "Oh, to the back."

"Take the elevator down," Gooch said.

"What floor?"

"Down,"

Henry furrowed his eyebrows as the plant beside Gooch squealed at him, "Uh, you too."

I shook my head and chuckled. "Come on, Henry. I'll show you."

I sat the broom down and ushered for him to follow me. "So, why are you looking for a job?"

I moved through the beads that were hanging up in the doorway. I maneuvered around the junk that was in the walkway and reached the elevator.

"Oh, I-" He was interrupted by his phone going off. "Sorry, hey, what's up?"

I heard murmuring over the phone, something about a chicken. I clicked the button that would eventually take us down to the Man Cave and I walked into the lift.

"What? What are you and Charlotte doing in your basement?" Henry followed my actions.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but just ignored the conversation Henry was having.

"Guys, I can't talk right now. I'm at a job interview, so I gotta go-"

Cutting him off, I pressed the button that led to the Man Cave. The elevator dropped, quickly. It was as if my stomach went up into my esophagus, and did thirty somersaults. I wasn't affected by the feeling however, I've done this my entire life. When the elevator stopped, Henry was thrown to the floor, and the door opened. I stepped out into what Ray and I called the Man Cave, and started to look around for him.

"Ray!"

"I'll call you back," Henry deadpans.

Turning around, Henry was staggering out of the elevator, and into the giant room. He stared in awe.