Invisible Brad (12)

3rd View

Another day, another abnormal problem for the workers at Junk-N-Stuff. As Maebel got dressed in her usual jeans and t-shirt, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in!" She yelled.

Maebel watched as the door opened, but to her surprise, no one was revealed.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Hello?"

She poked her head out into the hallway and again, saw no one.

"Long time no see," a voice behind her chuckled.

She jumped back with a yelp, "Jesus, Brad," she held her heart, "That's the third time in two days!"

Brad laughed, "You're easy to scare,"

Ray ran into the room, "Maebel, are you okay? I heard you scream,"

Maebel sighed and turned to Ray, "Yeah, I'm fine. But Brad's about to not be if he keeps scaring me,"

Ray rolled his eyes, "Of course he did,"

"You guys are no fun," Brad scoffed.

Ray shrugged at Maebel, "Come on, you guys. Maebel and I have work down in the Man Cave,"

Brad and Maebel groaned, but followed Ray down anyways. Meanwhile, down in the Man Cave, Henry and Charlotte were talking about Ray and Maebel's behavior lately, how they've been talking to themselves when nobody else is in the room; that they know of. Ray and Maebel stepped over the lip of the sprocket door, muttering to Brad, who, as usual, was being annoying.

"Is that a serious question?" Maebel scowled at him

"No, we can't go ride roller coasters with you because we have jobs," Ray rejected.

"Stop poking me," Maebel swatted Brad's hand away.

Henry and Charlotte shared a look. The three walked down the stairs and averted their attention to the other two. Maebel beamed at Henry who shyly smiled back.

"Hey guys," Ray greeted, "You find out any more info on that motorcycle thief? Will you not stand so close to me?" Ray jerked away from the invisible man.

"Or me," Maebel shuddered and took a step away, "I felt you breathing on my neck just now, thank you,"

Maebel and Ray turned back to the two and furrowed their eyebrows.

"Why are you guys staring at us?" Ray asked.

"Uh..." Charlotte trailed.

"Because you guys are talking to nobody," Henry shouted.

Charlotte shushed him.

"It's got to be said,"

Ray and Maebel shared a look and chuckled.

"Right, I haven't introduced you to Brad," Ray gestured toward the air beside him.

"Brad, this is Henry and Charlotte," Maebel pointed to the two, "Guys," she snapped her fingers, "This is invisible Brad," 

Charlotte and Henry hesitantly shook their heads.

"Hi, Brad," Charlotte waved cautiously.

"Looking good, Brad," Henry shrugged.