My Phony Valentine (16)

3rd View

Charlotte and Jasper waited in the Hart's living room for Henry to get done working something out on his laptop. Charlotte began to grow impatient with him and Jasper sat on the couch stuffing his face with cut pineapples.

"Henry, come on, we got to get to school," Charlotte groaned.

"Relax," Henry waved her off, "I'm almost done,"

"You better not make us tardy,"

"I was born tardy," Jasper nodded, "My mom says that's why my feet are so big," he gestured to his feet.

"Boom, done," Henry exclaimed, jumping out of his seat and closing the computer.

"What?" Jasper asked.

"I just got tickets to Valentine's Day at Club Soda," Henry smiled.

Charlotte walked over to him.

"Shut up," Jasper stood and moved over to his friend as well, "For real?"

"Yeah, man,"

"Well, guess who's going to be working there," Jasper leaned against the couch.

"Wait, what is Club Soda?" Charlotte asked the two.

"It's this cool new club just for teens, and they have every kind of soda you can think of," Henry moved to his bag on the table.

"Uh-huh, and I'm getting paid five bucks and hour to guard the door and make sure only legit teenagers get in," Jasper said smugly.

Henry chuckled, "Well, me and Maebel are way legit,"

Charlotte cooed, "Ooh, you're taking Maebel out on Valentine's Day?"

"Yeah, I am," Henry pulled his bag onto his shoulder.

"Nice, how'd you ask her?" Charlotte stepped toward him.

"I didn't yet,"

"You better call Maebel right now,"

"Why?" Henry shrugged.

"Because Valentine's Day is tomorrow and girls like to be asked in advance,"

"Well, one, she's my girlfriend," Henry walked past her, "And two, I think I know how girl work," he smirked back at Charlotte, "Up top," he raised his hand to high five Jasper.

"Like a mop,"

Henry dropped his hand, "What does 'like a mop' mean?"

"I don't know, I shouldn't have said it," Jasper waved him off.

Charlotte nodded toward the door and ushered her friends out.

Maebel

I leaned over the water fountain to get a drink of water. My voice had been raspy all day and I was starting to think I was losing it. 

"Boo!" Someone screamed in my ear.

I jumped back and started choking on the liquid. I see Henry with a worried face.