Too Much Game (10)

3rd View

After the party Saturday, Maebel went to sleep with a smile on her face. Thoughts of Henry came rushing to her head, the feeling of him lingering on her body; the way he touched her, the way their lips molded together, the way butterflies numbed her stomach when his hands gripped her waist. She replayed it all in her head.

She laid in bed and waited for Sunday morning, slightly dreading it, knowing Ray was going to make a big deal out of everything; that's exactly what he did. When Maebel entered the Man Cave that morning, she saw Ray growling at Henry. When Ray noticed her presence, all the attention went to her.

"Don't even get me started with you," Ray gestured to the girl.

Maebel furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to the two boys. She waved to Henry and Charlotte, who were frozen out of fright.

"What's up?" She shoved her phone in her pocket.

Ray balked, "What's up?" He mocked, "You kissed Henry,"

Charlotte and Henry glanced at each other.

"What are you talking about?" Maebel shrugged.

"You and Henry kissed at the party," Ray moved to the other side of her.

Henry shook his head, "Okay, first of all, it was just a kiss," he moved beside Maebel, "It didn't mean anything,"

A sharp pain pierced Maebel's stomach. She glanced over to Henry, not sure if he really meant it or not. He couldn't have, he told her that he loved every second of it. Maebel could feel a mood change wash over her. Instantaneously, she was annoyed and glanced back to Charlotte, who threw her a confused look.

Ray looked down at both of them, "I don't care, you two still did it,"

Maebel sighed, "Ray, get over yourself," she snapped, digging her phone out of her pocket.

Ray's face fell serious. Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows and nervously bit her lip. Henry turned to her with a worried face.

"Excuse me?" Ray raised an eyebrow.

Maebel rolled her eyes at him before looking down to her phone screen.

"Hey," Ray snapped his fingers.

"Leave me alone," she pushed him off.

"Maebel?" Henry trailed.

"It's okay, Henry," Ray turned back around and snatched the phone out of Maebel's hand.

"Hey!" Maebel yelled.

"I'm not gonna stand here and talk to someone who's not showing me respect,"

Maebel smiled smugly, "Ditto,"

"You're grounded," Ray moved to the control center.

Henry and Charlotte's eyes widened.

Maebel laughed sarcastically and shoved her way past Henry, "For what? Thinking that you're overthinking over a stupid kiss?"