The Bucket Trap (22)

I landed with a thud on the platform of the tubes as Charlotte stood on the logo watching us. Kid Danger landed with a giggle next to me, along with Captain Man.

"Hey," Charlotte beamed, "How'd it go?"

The three of us marched down the stairs giddily.

"Aw man, it was insane," Ray said.

"It was nuts," Henry agreed.

"So tell me what happened," Charlotte demanded.

"Okay, the news helicopter was flying around over Swellview, just going in circles," I explained to the girl.

Henry added, "Because the helicopter pilot fell asleep at the controls,"

Charlotte was intrigued, "And did you guys figure out a way to wake him up?"

"No," Captain Man admitted, moving to the other side of Charlotte, "We just watched the helicopter fly around in circles,"

I sighed, "Until it ran out of gas and fell right down into the Jandy River,"

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows, "And you guys didn't do anything?"

Henry shrugged, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, "I got a video of it going down,"

"What about the pilot? Was he hurt?"

"No, just wet,"

Captain Man chuckled, "So very wet,"

Henry's phone chimed. Pulling the device out and checking the message, he groaned.

"Ugh, another text from Jasper," he moved to the couch, "That's eleven text in the last hour."

"I got nine," Charlotte sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "I got seven,"

Captain Man stood from his spot, looking down at the three of us, "Man, what's up with that Jasper kid? Doesn't he have any other friends?" 

Charlotte shrugged, "Well, yeah, but not the kind you'd be, you know, proud of,"

Henry sat up in his seat, "We're his best friends. But now because we work for you, we end up having to leave him alone all the time,"

"I feel really bad for him," Charlotte sighed.

"Yeah," Ray trailed.

"Ray, I'm with Charlotte and Henry on this one," I crossed my arms and sat next to Henry.

"You guys hungry?" Ray whipped his hand into the air, "Who wants Greek food?"

My mouth fell slightly agape.

"Ray," Henry groaned, "We just told you about a real problem we have with our friend,"

"And all you can say is 'who wants Greek food?" Charlotte questioned.

Ray raised his hand higher, smiling down at his coworker. I scrunched my eyebrows and looked back at Henry, who seemed to take interest in the idea.

I shoved the metal silverware into my mouth when a thankful groan, "Best idea yet,"

The three other food junkies hummed in agreement.

"Man, I love these 'jye-rose.' That's how you say it, you know, 'jye-rose," Ray beamed, a mouth full of food, "You try,"

"Jye-rose," Charlotte, Henry, and I mumbled in unison.

I shook my head and continued to eat my grilled roast beef.