Caved In (17)

I winced as Ray gripped tightly onto my arm, dragging me into the front room of Junk-N-Stuff.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Ray yelled and tossed me to the side.

I shrugged at him and rubbed my arm until the pain went away.

"What's all the racket out here?" Ray grumbled.

Henry turned to a little girl, "It's just a customer checking out the piano,"

"Hey, hey you!"

The little girl whipped around.

"Haven't you learned how to play that crummy song yet?"

The girl's face tightened and she ran out the door.

"Ray!" Henry groaned.

"Must you torture the children?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah, don't take it out on them just because you're on your man period," I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

He scowled at me, "Just forget everything," he headed towards the back room, "Stupid super-anniversary," he pulled a knob off the desk behind the counter, "This knob is still lose!"

He chucked the wooden ball at me and stomped out of the room.

"Ow!" I moved next to Henry and rubbed my forehead even though the pain went away, "Why must I get the abuse?"

Henry chuckled and rubbed her shoulder.

"Well, I see why Gooch and Schwoz got out of here," Charlotte mumbled.

I frowned. Henry turned to me, moved my hand, and kissed my forehead. I smiled at him.

"Better?" He asked, even though he knew the pain was gone.

I giggled, "Much," I leaned my head on his shoulder as his arm wrapped around my torso.

The bell to the door rang, signaling someone coming in. I looked up to see and old man with a panicked face.

"Excuse me, kids," he looked around, "I left eight-thousand dollars in a rolled up newspaper, have you seen it?"

The three of us denied. The man wailed and walked back out of the shop.

"Can you believe that?" Charlotte turned to us.

"No," Henry groaned, "Who still reads newspapers?"

"Right?" I nodded.

The three of us struggled to shove Ray, who was fighting against us, out of the elevator. Charlotte, Henry, and I had planned a whole weekend out to celebrate and do everything Ray never did as a kid.

"Can I take my blindfold off now?" Ray grumbled.

All of us stumbled out of the elevator.

"No," Charlotte denied.

"But I can't see anything,"

"Don't worry,"

"We're not going to let you fall," Henry reassured.

"Can't I just-"

Ray slipped and landed on the ground with a thud. I glanced to Charlotte and Henry with a confused look on my face. Henry picked up the skateboard and turned to Charlotte and I with a shocked look.

"So, this is the surprise?" Ray sat up from the ground, "You guys blindfold me and try to kill me?"

"No," Charlotte sighed, helping Ray up.