The Secret Gets Out (4)

Sunday morning, when I woke up, Ray was sitting at the control center watching the news video about him. I shook my head and took the elevator up to Junk-N-Stuff to check on it. After clearing that everything was okay, I checked my phone and saw that Charlotte messaged me, asking me to come to Henry's house. When I got there, Henry let me in and continued to play his game on the PlayStation. I sat down in the armchair next to the fireplace.

"Here I come," Henry warned.

"No you don't," Charlotte retorted.

"I'm gonna get you," he said with a sinister smile.

"No, you won't,"

Their thumbs moved over the remotes so quick, it was muscle memory to them.

"Hey guys," Jasper said walking in and setting his backpack down, "You got to check this out," he pulled his phone out.

"Quiet!" Charlotte demanded.

"We're playing a game," Henry informed.

"No problem. I'll take over your screen," Jasper swiped his phone.

The screen changed from a video game to a news video paused with Captain Man. Henry and Charlotte protested pointlessly.

"Just watch the video," Jasper sighed, sitting down.

"What video?" Henry asked, setting his controller down.

"It's from the news last night. It's called, 'Captain Man's big fail,"

My eyes widened. Henry and I glanced at each other.

"Ooh, play it," Charlotte said.

"Hey, look," Henry exclaimed, lifting his shirt, "My belly button."

Charlotte shrugged Henry off.

"We're live in downtown Swellview, where the Phone Shark, has struck again," the newswoman said, "This time, the Phone Shark bit through a dozen people's cellphones, then fled the scene, once again escaping capture from Captain Man."

Ray looked upset in the video. He looked as if he wanted to cry.

"Captain Man, isn't it true that the Phone Shark has been attacking people's phones for over a year now?" The woman asked.

Ray leaned into the microphone, "Yes, that is true."

"So, why don't you catch him?"

"Well, Danger Girl, Kid Danger, and I have been trying,"

"But you keep failing," the woman reminded, "Doesn't that bug you?"

Ray sighed, "Yes."

Jasper paused the video.

"Aw, I feel bad for bad for Captain Man," Charlotte sympathized.

"It's not Captain Man's fault," Jasper said, reaching for his glass, "Him and Danger Girl just need a better sidekick."

I choked on air.

Henry shot daggers at his friend, "One more time?"

"Just saying, I'd be way better at catching bad guys than Kid Danger,"

Henry scoffed, "You couldn't catch butt warts."

"Oh, yes he could," Charlotte nodded, "Remember fifth grade?"

"That was a rash. Big difference," Jasper defended himself, "Besides being Captain Man's sidekick, imagine working with Danger Girl, she's so pretty."