Captain Jerk (21)

Ray paced the floor as Schwoz, Gooch, and I scrolled through our devices reading comments about Captain Man's lemonade hatred. I was sitting at the control center while the three males were gathered around the couch.

"Ooh, here's a good one," Schwoz smiled.

"Read it," Ray grumbled.

"Captain Man," Schwoz began, "The only difference between you and a box of poop, is the box,"

I gave Schwoz a weird look and shook my head. Screaming came from the elevator, a ding, then it slid open. Henry and Charlotte stood from the ground and marched out.

"We're here," Charlotte panted.

Henry walked over to me and leaned down, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and hugging me tightly. I hummed at the embrace.

Henry pulled back and turned to Ray, "Did you guys see the news?"

"Yeah, we saw the news. Everyone hates me now," Ray crossed his arms.

"Well, why did you smash those kids' lemonade stand?" Charlotte shrugged.

"A dollar a cup is not that much," Henry reasoned.

"He didn't smash their lemonade stand because of the price," I stood, walking over to the man, "So he claims,"

Ray gawked at me with with a shrug.

"Then why'd he do it?" Henry asked.

"Because, after the little girl said 'One dollar," Ray imitated, "I noticed a spider on the lemonade stand; a red jabber,"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"A red jabber?" Henry gawked.

"Those are deadly," Charlotte stated.

"I know. That's why I smashed it before it could hurt those kids,"

"Oohhh," we all hummed in unison.

"Well, then I say, who cares?" Schwoz stood up off the couch, "So what if everybody hates you now?"

"I'm a superhero, I don't want to be hated by everybody," Ray whined.

"Well, you are," Schwoz shrugged.

I death glared at the foreign man as Ray turned to Henry and Charlotte.

"What am I going to do?"  Ray groaned.

"Why don't you just make a video apologizing?" Charlotte suggested.

Henry nodded at the idea, "Yeah, that's good," he turned back to Ray, "The public loves it when famous people beg for forgiveness,"

Ray thought for a moment, but then grunted stubbornly, "No, no. I did nothing wrong. I don't care what people think of me,"

Ray and I locked eyes. I narrowed them suspiciously at him, and cocked an eyebrow, knowing where this was going to lead.

After transforming, Ray dramatically swiveled toward the camera, "I'm Captain Man, and I care very much what you, the people, think of me."

I stared at the t.v with a blank face as the video of Captain Man rolled. 

"So, most of you have seen the viral video of me in which I used a mailbox to demolish a lemonade stand run by two small children. Since then, I've read many of your comments, very hurtful comments, some suggesting that I should do things to myself, some of which are physically impossible. But that video didn't tell the real story,"