c. i

CHAPTER ONE
MOVE-IN DAY

maggie was thrilled to know ethan was moving in with her. she knew from the second he arrived at her apartment door she wanted him to be her roommate.

she didn't move to new york from a beach town in florida all by herself. her high school best friend isabelle came with her. they even moved into the same apartment building... but not the same apartment.

isabelle's boyfriend tagged along with her to new york, wanting to pursue a career in fine arts.. which is why maggie got her own apartment.

maximus helped maggie to paint a few canvases but she found herself easily bored by the process and ultimately gave up.

and for isabelle it was always modeling. since she was a young girl she modeled. first for children's magazines and now for vogue. yes, vogue.

the thought of modeling made maggie nauseous. she got embarrassed really easily and wasn't comfortable with only being appreciated for her face. and she loved a good hot cheeto.. often.

PUT YOUR RECORDS ON.

ethan was building a dresser in his room. it was wooden to match the bed maggie had already placed in the room.

maggie passed by on the way to her room. "you sure you don't want me to paint the walls a different color? i really don't mind."

ethan's eyes couldn't help but to stare at her pretty figure since she only had on pink sweats that dangled low and a nike sports bra on, but quickly looked away. she sipped on her matcha, pretending not to notice.

"i actually like the blue but thank you anyway." she grinned and went back to her room.

maggie had a huge collection of records. her mother and father had been collecting them together since they were in high school. she popped harry styles' self named album on her mint green record player and began tidying her room.

maggie's room was a spitting image of herself. she had a huge collage wall of pictures on one wall of her bedroom. lake was featured in many of them, and even her high school boyfriend.

you can't throw the memory of four years with someone down the drain so easily.

maggie felt like an only child due to the age gap she shared with her older brother. while maggie was nineteen, calvin was twenty three.

all of her high school friends were featured, and her past pets.

"you didn't tell me you had a cat." she jumped at the sound of ethan's voice, forgetting she didn't shut her bedroom door.

on maggie's bed sat an orange and white cat. "oops?"

ethan engulfed the cat in his arms. "what's their name?"

she put a pair of sweats that previously laid on the floor in her hamper. "duke. don't worry about him, he really just stays in my room and eats all day."

"i was wondering why their was a litter-box in the hall bathroom." he chuckled.

maggie groaned. "i know, but it's self cleaning. i wanted to make him feel human so i put it next to the toilet."

"let me guess- you guys pee together."

her face reddened. "am i supposed to say no?"

maggie found herself easily befriending ethan and immediately was comfortable with him.

normally, letting a foreign male into a teen girl's apartment is a major no-no, but ethan was so gentle and kind with her.

she had only been living with him for two days and felt like she knew him for years.

"i love this song!" ethan walked over to maggie's record player and lightly swayed.

she took duke from his arms and cuddled him. "me too. sign of the times is definitely one of my fav's from harry."

ethan nodded his head in agreement. "cool room, by the way."

a silence filled the room as ethan looked out of a window that overlooked manhattan. "do you wanna go get lunch later?"

"s-sure."

"you don't seem so confident about that answer, maggie."

she blushed, embarrassed. "no, no. i do. i'm just not use to someone wanting to you know ... do things with me. someone other than my two friends who live downstairs. of course i would."

new note from c!
hi i'm so excited
for this fic:) poor mag
wags is nervy<3 lmao bye.