c. xi

CHAPTER ELEVEN
MAGGIE'S PAPER

maggie woke up in ethan's bed, unaware of how she got there. she got up and waddled to the kitchen, finding a handwritten note, a gesture ethan did often.

"hi mags.

good morning!! last night you fell asleep in my bed watching netflix and when i woke up this morning i wanted you to come with me but you looked too peaceful. you look really cute when you're asleep. you should fall asleep in my bed more often.

when you wake up, please come over to my office. it'll be boring without you, sweet girl. i hope you're sleeping as comfortably as you look!

p.s. i have surprise for you pretty!

love, grant."

maggie's heart bubbled as she read the note but felt a spark when she saw he signed it as grant.

she quickly threw on a pair of black jeans, a pink cropped shirt with buttons down the middle, and put a pair of white converse on her feet. she folded a black jean jacket and put it in her bag.

magzz nelson :,)
i can't make it to
coffee this morning,
i'm sorry.

izzy :*
how come?

magzz nelson :,)
ethan wrote me a really
sweet note and wanted
me to come to the office!

izzy :*
that can't wait?

izzy :*
we always get coffee
on saturday mornings.

magzz nelson :,)
i'm sorry!!

magzz nelson :,)
i promise i'll make
it up to u iz

izzy :*
sureeee

magzz nelson :,)
don't be mad,
please :(

izzy :*
girl it's okay!

izzy :*
go get your man ;)

izzy :*
but your mine tmr

magzz nelson :,)
thank you thank you
thank youuuuuu

magzz nelson :,)
i love uuuuuuuu

izzy :*
everybody does,
it's me.

dolan enterprise
nine thirty a.m.

     "can i help you?" a voice called out as maggie was about to push the elevator button.

"oh no thanks, i'm heading up to ethan's office." she casually said.

the lady furrowed her eyebrows. "you mean mr. dolan? it's disrespectful to call him by his first name, margret."

"my name isn't margret, it's maggie. and trust me, i was invited here."

"are you sure?" maggie felt as if the woman was testing her.

"i woke up in his bed this morning.. i think i'm sure." she gave a fake smile to the woman.