c. iv

CHAPTER FOUR
BOOK THAT FLIGHT

     maggie's record player spun a conan gray album — kid krow, to be exact.

ethan didn't invite her to come to work with him today. she wasn't disappointed about it, either. they hadn't talked since yesterday's encounter even though it was minor at most.

she had sat on her phone for most of morning, catching up with an old friend.

new message from "elliot ;)"!

elliot ;)
you really talk up
manhattan..

elliot ;)
when you tryna
lemme come visit?

if you asked maggie about elliot, she would casually refer to him as an old friend. but if you asked elliot about maggie, he wouldn't be able to stop talking.

in a few words, she was his right person, wrong timing. his former girlfriend. the love of his life.

but while maggie moved on from the relationship, she didn't move on from the friendship. elliot didn't move on at all.

maggieee
like.. now

maggieee
book that flight

elliot ;)
i wish :(

maggieee
my roomie mentioned
visiting his brother
next weekend

elliot ;)
i'll think about it

elliot ;)
and by that i mean
i'll book it right now

maggieee
perfect!!!!!!!!

maggieee
i have SO much to
catch you up on

elliot ;)
ugh stop making me
wanna change the
flight date for tomorrow.

so while maggie made plans for elliot to spend the next weekend at her place, ethan cancelled the trip to visit his brother. there was too much work to do and he set the trip for a later date.

but maggie wasn't aware.

the dining area
six forty-four p.m.

ethan and maggie gathered for their usual dinner, this time instead of cooking, they ordered shake shack.

"hey, i wanted to let you know that while you visit grayson, i invited my old friend to come stay over." maggie said, stuffing two fries in her mouth.

"i cancelled that trip." he bluntly said.

maggie's eyebrows furrowed. "what? you didn't care to mention that to me?"

"it just happened, i'm sorry," she huffed in response, but wasn't really upset. "what's her name?"

"his name is elliot. he's a friend from high school. our lives just kinda caught up with us but we were talking and wanted to meet up again."

ethan slighting turned his head. "your ex-boyfriend, elliot?"

"what?!" her voice raised slightly. "how do you know i dated him?"

he reached over the table and lowered her raised hand. the boy laughed, "calm down, i saw the prom pictures on your instagram."

maggie sighed in relief. she couldn't bring herself to delete the photos, or rather anything about the two's relationship. although technically maggie broke up with elliot, it was mutual and both parties were understanding.

"so you stalk my instagram now?" she joked.

"you wish." they both smiled.

of course, maggie wouldn't ask elliot to cancel his flights as he seemed very excited to rekindle their relati- friendship. rekindle their friendship.

maggieee
sooooo

maggieee
ethan isn't going to
visit his brother anymore.

elliot ;)
oh no

elliot ;)
what does that
mean......?

maggieee
obvi i don't want u
to cancel your flights.
and i wanna see u still!
i'm sure ethan wouldn't
mind having you over,
he's really nice.

elliot ;)
oh

elliot ;)
good!

maggieee
yup!!

maggieee
talk to u soon ell

elliot ;)
<3

later that evening
the living room

     "bro.. are you blind? he still likes you!" izzy yelled as if maggie was a child.

she was scrolling through the text messages between elliot and maggie on her best friend's phone.

the two were both sitting in ethan and maggie's living room watching harry potter movies.

izzy was never a book worm, or even a fan of books. but maggie sucked her into the harry potter world when they were young girls and the two had been to the wizarding world of harry potter at universal studios one too many times.

"seems to me like he just wants to reconnect. i haven't seen the guy i spent most of my high school nights with in forevaaa, of course i wasn't gonna turn him down."

izzy scoffed. "elliot doesn't wanna rekindle any lame ass friendship. i've known him for longer than you, sweetheart. he wants to kiss those chapstick covered li-"

"i live here too!" ethan called out from the kitchen. both of the girls were too invested in their conversation to even notice he left his room.. or that he was home.

izzy shrugged. "okay.. i'm glad you found a living situation suitable for your needs. don't cut me off, bitch."

maggie had noticed her roommate had just made a bowl of fruit for himself. "you can join us if you want."

"but you have to share some of that fruit because it looks hella good." izzy said.

so the three sat down and talked about more than just the movie. hell, no one was even watching the movie.

and the fruit bowl was definitely a fan favorite. so much that ethan had to make more.

sorry harry.

new note from c!
happy march!
pisces szn <333