c. xvi

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
PURE EVIL

maggie sucked on a lollipop as she filled out her own application. she had really kept ethan's offer in mind and decided to put her nerves aside and take this opportunity.

"hello, maggie," grayson said as he poured himself a coffee. "you really think you need to fill out an application?"

maggie nodded. "they need one on file." she said. "aren't you supposed to have flown home by now?"

"jersey's boring, i moved here." he said.

after the brief conversation, maggie was finally on the final page of the packet.

ethan grant
you look so pretty
and mysterious

mags
stop watching me
u big creep!!!!

mags
hey, i may just decide
this place isn't right
for me if i know the
owner is a pedo who
watches his staff over
security cameras

ethan grant
no no no

ethan grant
i only watch
you mags

mags
awh i'm
flattered

mags
and totally not even
more creeped out
than before

ethan grant
i miss you

mags
we're in the
same building!

ethan grant
except i'm on
the top floor
and you're on
the second.

ethan grant
why'd you have to
go down there to
do ittttttt

mags
because i couldn't
focus near you

mags
you're rather
chatty

ethan grant
ouch

mags
xoxoxo

maggie gathered her things and pushed her chair in. she left the room and went to wait for the elevator. "not so fast!"

she turned her head around and spotted trinity. "why don't we ride together?"

the elevator opened and trinity stepped in. maggie remained on the outside and watched as the doors closed. "i'll take the next one." she smirked.

ethan grant
hot

mags
seriously e

ethan grant
SORRY

ethan grant
but still

mags
no buts

when maggie made it to ethan's office, trinity was sitting in one of the two chairs that faced his desk.

maggie made sure to sneak in so neither of the two heard her entry.

PUT YOUR RECORDS ON.

"you're only gonna hire her because she's pretty," trinity scoffed. "i mean, i read her paper she wrote to yale. pretty mess-"

he got up from his office chair. "why the hell did you read that fucking paper, o'brien!" ethan's voice boomed, causing trinity to slightly jump.